Meav - Biography, Pictures, Videos
Méav Ni Mhaolchatha
- Short Name: Meav
- Full name: Méav Ni Mhaolchatha (Pronounced as: Mayv Knee-Whale-Kha-ha)
- Birth Place: Dublin, Ireland
- Genres: Celtic, Classical
- Occupations: Singer
- Instruments: Vocals, harp, piano
- Labels: Celtic Collections, Manhattan
- Associated acts: Celtic Woman, Anúna
- Website: Meav.com
Meav is an Irish singer and recording artist specializing in the traditional music of her homeland.
Méav Ni Mhaolchatha is an extremely accomplished vocalist, with an angelic voice that can only come from the heavens above. In Korea and Japan her singing is known as "healing music".
Born in Dublin, Ireland, Méav was educated through the Irish language and continued to study voice, harp and piano while completing her law degree at Trinity College. Between 1994 and 1998 she was a principal soprano soloist with the choral group Anuna, which was featured in several of the biggest productions of Riverdance. In addition to extensive touring with Anuna, Méav also performed on several occasions with the Irish National Chamber and Concert Orchestras.
Méav has a broad range of performing experience in Ireland and abroad. She recorded two highly successful and critically acclaimed solo CD's, Méav (1999) and Silver Sea (2002).
Her passion for classical and traditional Irish music has led her to sing all over the world. She has been invited to perform at many festivals worldwide. She headlined at a major open-air festival in Seoul as part of the Korean World Cup celebrations, performed to great acclaim at a prestigious Celtic Festival in Tokyo and sang in the Beo Festival of Irish Music at the National Concert Hall Dublin.
Along with the other members of Celtic Woman, Méav gained musical stardom upon the ensemble's founding and almost immediate fame in 2004. Her singing is a prominent element of Celtic Woman's CDs: Celtic Woman, Celtic Woman: A Christmas Celebration, and Celtic Woman: A New Journey.
Meav Ni Mhaolchatha video - Interview
Meav video - Dulaman
Celtic Woman video - Jesu Joy of Man's Desiring
Comments 31 comments
- How To Improve Your Voice In Singing
- Taylor Swift - Biography, Lyrics, Videos, Pictures
- Ryan Bingham - Biography, Pictures, Videos
- Orla Fallon - Pictures, Videos, Biography
- Hayley Westenra - Pictures, Videos, Biography
- Mairead Nesbitt - Biography, Pictures, Videos
- Lisa Kelly - Pictures, Videos, Biography
- Chloe Agnew - Videos, Pictures, Biography
More by this Author
Reading guitar notes is no rocket science, but it's not easy either, especially if you're a beginner. You'll just have to give yourself some time for learning. Remember, practice makes perfect.
Mairead Nesbitt is a Classical and Celtic music performer, most notably as a fiddler and violinist. Mairead is a musician who believes in giving herself fully to the music.