Movie Taglines Trivia: Vol. 2
It's Tagline Trivia Time!
Almost every time a movie is released in theaters, part of the marketing campaign for the film is a tagline (or slogan). Movie taglines are typically seen on the movie poster, or during commercials, previews (trailers) and other advertisements for the film.
Usually a movie tagline is fairly short and no
longer than five or six words, or a sentence or two. A good movie tagline acts as a short
descriptor of the plot or theme of the film with a play on words or some sort of humor involved.
Movie taglines range from funny, to corny, to catchy to provocative. Sometimes they are completely bizarre with almost no relation or relativity to the film and sometimes they are just really, really awful (click here for the 15 worst movie taglines from the Huffington Post).
Whereas, a good tagline, like the Alien tagline (In space no one can hear you scream) can become a part of the pop culture lexicon. There's really no telling.
So, Mr. (or Mrs.) Movie Buff, how well do you think you know your movie taglines?
Below is a list of 50 taglines from some of the more popular films over the last 30 to 40 years. Some are easy. Some are hard. Keep score and see if you are a movie buff, or maybe just a buffoon? Good luck!
Lights. Camera. Tagline Trivia!
Movie Trivia & Reviews
- Movie Taglines Trivia: The Tom Cruise Edition
How well do you know Tom Cruise movies? Test your movie knowledge with tagline trivia. All the taglines from every Tom Cruise movie!
- Movie Taglines Trivia: Vol. 1
How well do you know movie taglines? Test your movie knowledge with this tagline trivia!
- My Queue in Review
Movie reviews from a guy with a Netflix account.
More Movie Trivia Online
How Did You Do?
50 - 40 Correct: A-List Celebrity
39 - 30 Correct: B-List Celebrity
29 - 20 Correct: C-List Celebrity
19 - 10 Correct: D-List Celebrity
9 - 0 Correct: Rehab
50 Famous Movie Taglines:
(The answers are at the bottom. Don't look.)
- Not every gift is a blessing.
- They're not just getting rich, they're getting even.
- Why so serious?
- Play at your own risk.
- Same make. Same model. New mission.
- Everyone has one special thing.
- See our family and feel better about yours.
- Grab life by the ball.
- Some memories are best forgotten.
- You'll wish it were only a nightmare.
- For Harry and Lloyd, every day is a no-brainer.
- This ain't no chick flick!
- Check in. Relax. Take a shower.
- The dancing is over. Now it gets dirty.
- The last man on Earth is not alone.
- A comedy of trial and error.
- Five million people watched but no one saw a thing.
- At the edge of the world, his journey begins.
- Get an afterlife.
- When you can live forever, what do you live for?
- Nice planet. We'll take it!
- Someone has taken their love of scary movies too far.
- Here they grow again.
- Just when you thought it was safe to go back into the water.
- Does for rock and roll what the Sound of Music did for hills.
- Lie. Cheat. Steal. All in a day's work.
- They're here.
- Protecting the Earth from the scum of the universe.
- Just because they serve you doesn't mean they like you.
- Even a hit man deserves a second shot.
- One man's struggle to take it easy.
- Death doesn't take no for an answer.
- She didn't believe in angels until she fell in love with one.
- Vampires. No interviews.
- How do I loathe thee? Let me count the ways.
- Have you ever had a really big secret?
- Seven deadly sins. Seven ways to die.
- She walked off the street, into his life and stole his heart.
- Heads will roll.
- There can be only one.
- The true story of a real fake.
- Oh, yes. There will be blood.
- Trapped in time. Surrounded by evil. Low on gas.
- She gets kidnapped. He gets killed. But it all ends up ok.
- Who you gonna call?
- You'll laugh. You'll cry. You'll hurl.
- One dream. Four Jamaicans. Twenty below zero.
- Work sucks.
- A lively comedy about a guy who isn't.
- You won't believe your eye.
1) The Sixth Sense 2) Trading Places 3) The Dark Knight 4) The Crying Game 5) Terminator 2: Judgement Day 6) Boogie Nights 7) The Simpsons Movie 8) Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story 9) Memento 10) Friday the 13th 11) Dumb & Dumber 12) Chicken Run 13) Psycho 14) Roadhouse 15) I am Legend 16) My Cousin Vinny 17) Quiz Show 18) Castaway 19) Casper 20) Twilight 21) Mars Attacks! 22) Scream 23) Gremlins 2: The New Batch 24) Jaws 2 25) This is Spinal Tap 26) Glengary Glen Ross 27) Poltergeist 28) Men in Black 29) Clerks 30) Grosse Point Blank 31) Ferris Bueller's Day Off 32) Final Destination 33) City of Angels 34) From Dusk Til Dawn 35) 10 Things I Hate About You 36) Big 37) Seven 38) Pretty Woman 39) Sleepy Hallow 40) Highlander 41) Catch Me if You Can 42) Saw II 43) Army of Darkness 44) The Princess Bride 45) Ghostbusters 46) Wayne's World 47) Cool Runnings 48) Office Space 49) Weekend at Bernie's 50) Monster's Inc.
More by this Author
Bill Murray has appeared in roughly 50 movies and was a cast member on Saturday Night Live during the 1970s. Known for his comedic timing and deadpan sense of humor, Bill Murray often is able to get more laughs with a...
Some of the best comedies are college movies. These are The 5 Best College Comedies ... and Animal House doesn't make the list.
Hosting a St. Patrick's Day party? Here are seven recipes for unique and delicious shots to serve your crowd.
No comments yet.