Reality Show: Big Brother Unlimited in the Philippines- Deglamorizing Big Brother's House into a Slum Area
Imagine you're one of the housemates of Pinoy Big Brother Unlimited edition this year, 2011. All the media blitz and screaming fans denuded your senses as you wake up into a very revealing reality...entering the house through a culvert tunnel then ending up into the likes of slum areas in the country.
This hubber decided to make a hub on this reality show that started in Netherlands way back 1999 and continue to evolve around the world, depicting different situations of different countries through the Big Brother House.
The de-glamorization of the usual upright set of the house shocked all the 14 housemates as they entered the area.
While it was airing on ABS-CBN Channel 2 last Sunday (Oct. 30), I decided to take photos on the importance of this new twist in the series.
Big Brother or the management of the network decided to let their housemates portray the actual events happening in a slum areas in the archipelago.
More than 15 million Filipino families belong to the marginal line of our society. Poverty is everywhere.
When I was conducting a CBMS (Community-based Monitoring Survey) last January (2011), I was able to witness the realities emanating from the rural families, where a hand-to-mouth scenario of living is really happening.
Have you ever eaten leftover foods from the restaurants or fast food outlet nearby your place? These poor families do.
Can we blame the government for their fate. No or maybe. The answers may vary from different sectors of the Filipino society.
So, with these housemates being chosen from more than 30 thousand hopefuls, who came from different regions of the country and overseas, let's keep our fingers crossed that they'll truly feel the present situation of these less fortunate families.
There's more lessons to be learned, aside from the basic needs of every family, before they get evicted from the house.
Unlimited Options of Big Brother for Filipino Housemates
Getting to know more about the 14 Housemates for the Big Brother 'Slum House' Edition
I was hoping to join the audition this year, but, there's an age limitation for the series. Lucky for them who are younger than me.
With the announcement of the official hosts of the show, Toni Gonzaga, Bianca Gonzales together with Robi Domingo and Martin Concio, they revealed the lucky 14 for this year's edition.
- Jazhriel “Jaz” Manabat, 24- The Sensual Siren of Quezon City
- Slater Young, 23- Hot Engineer of Cebu
- Kigoy Abarico, 32- Bay Diskarte (Smart Guy) of Ormoc
- Christine “Tin” Patrimonio, 19- The Captain’s Daughter
- Roy Gamboa, 29- The Sales Guy (Lakay) of Pangasinan
- Kevin Fowler, 18- The Dreamboy of California
- Luz McClinton ,33- The Mom of Steel of Muntinlupa
- Pamu Pamodara, 19- The Giddy Girl (Kitikiti) of Batangas
- Paco Evangelista, 26- The Hopelesss Romantic of GenSan
- Kim de Guzman, 19- The Stunning Sweetheart of Olongapo
- Joseph Biggel, 19- The Amazing Meztiso (Pambihirang Tisoy) of Marindoque
- Seichang Ushimi, 22- The Pinoy Anime of Japan
- Divine Maithland-Smith, 20- The Darling Dude of Cebu
- Carlo Romero, 25 from Chicago, Illinois, USA, chosen from 30 hopefuls and will served as the 'mole' of the show. He's in a floating status, unless he accomplished the tasks given by Big Brother, until he was formally become a housemate.
The early situation inside the Big Brother's House
PBB: Unlimited The Big Fiesta 10/29/11 PART 1 c/o supergwap0
More Hubs about Big Brother
- Is Big Brother Watching Us?
George Orwell 1984. Hands up all those who read George Orwell’s 1984 and shuddered at the thought that one day it may just happen. Of course, in a free democracy where the people control who is in...
- big brother winners list where are they now?
Big Brother is making a come back for 2011 but what happened to the past winners of Big Brother?
- Big Brother's Red Light Cameras
After speaking with a friend of mine over the phone, I started to lament about a piece of information he told me about red light cameras. He mentioned that at two different intersections in the Sacramento, CA area around Greenback and Auburn, red...
- Big Brother housemates and contestants 2011
Big Brother 2011 housemates include a swimwear model, a female wrestler, a musician and a holistic healer. Pamela Anderson is even there. This year looks like one of the best yet
More by this Author
Ever watch the movie Leap Year? Well, it was made way back 2010 but it will worth-seeing again this year 2012 or the next leap year to come, every after four years. Romantic films are at loose again.
The world of cartoon characters enthralls the children and the child in us. The new dimension of animation lead us to limitless interpretations of human imagination. In so doing, the advocacy to fight child abuse...
Some of early users of this coffee-saving tip gained an ample reduction in their electrical consumption. This is good news to the skyrocketing prices of electricity in the Philippines.