Songs to get me in the mood
These are songs that mean something, or I associate a memory, or can just play over and over again.
Music has always played a huge part in my life, and most of the men I've been involved with at some time or other have loved music and introduced me to different artists. The result is, is that I have a very eclectic taste in music, and hang onto songs because of the memories associated with them. I can let the man go and get shot of him, but man the song, I just have to hang onto.
In compiling my top all time 25 favourite songs, I found this almost an impossible task. As I thought yes, oh my God the memory, have to include that, I immediately thought of a few others I could have included. This does probably mean a follow up list at some point, you realise that, don't you! Anyway, when faced with a difficult choice, I chose the rarer song so as to educate you music lovers out there who might not have heard of some of these songs before.
Sometimes life in China can be quite a challenge. It was quite difficult getting the youtube links as it's still blocked here in China for some random reason or other. I did check all the links on proxyboxonline and they all played okay, but I've just linked the songs to the youtube links without going through proxyboxonline. Hope they work. Just click on the song title and youtube should open up. (in theory). I hope you have as much fun listening to the songs as I had reliving my old memories.
My top 25
1. Why does love do this to me? The Exponents
2. Any day above ground James Reyne
3. Land Downunder Men at Work
4. Scatterlings of Africa Johnny Clegg
5. Asimbonanga Johnny Clegg
6. What becomes of the broken-hearted Jimmy Barnes
7. Angels Robbie Williams
8. Breakfast in Bed UB40 and Chrissie Hynde
9. Moonlight Shadow Mike Oldfield and Maggie Reilly
10. You have placed a chill in my heart Eurythmics
11. One U2
12. Through the barricades Spandau Ballet
13. Vincent Don Maclean
14. You took the words right out of my mouth Meatloaf
15. Baby can you hold me Tracy Chapman
16. Never tear us apart INXS
17. Still got the blues Gary Moore
18. Tears in heaven Eric Clapton
19. We've got tonight Bob Seger
20. You can sleep while I drive Melissa Etheridge
21. How do I live without you LeAnn Rimes
22. Special Star Mango Groove
23. Sway Bic Runga
24. Here with me Dido
25. Every day's a Saturday Elemeno P
Read some Cindy Vine!
More by this Author
I discovered the importance of my thyroid gland only after I no longer had one. Following my thyroidectomy, I struggled with weight gain. In this article, I share what I've learned.
The Bushmen, or San, were forever immortalised in the Jamie Uys movie and it's sequel, the 'God's must be Crazy'. People all over the world fell in love with the little man wearing only a loincloth who spoke in clicks...
The day the doctor tells you you have breast cancer is the worst day of your life. It's hard to explain the emotions, feelings that race through your brain at the time. Do you laugh with disbelief, or...