The 13 best Horror T.V. Shows
Dark spirits also lurk inside the boob tube!
A true terror in the evil realm known as HBO.
A chilling intro dungeon.
Here is how the top 13 shake out and why.
Since this is horror list, you will only find shows with monsters, mayhem and murder. Star Trek, Star Gate, and some others won't be on this list, but Vampires and Werewolves will be! I have done a list dedicated just to fantasy and another just sci fi T.V. shows.
- Moonlight( Didn't come close) Another show about a vampire cop did make my list but this wasn't good enough.The main actor good not seem to carry or even lead this very well.
- Friday the 13th (It was a travesty to name this after a great movie franchise!)
-What came close?
-American Horror Story wasn't bad, but I just could put it on here.
-American Gothic did come close because it had a decent cast.
Also, if your favorite show got left off you can mention that, but there is no need to tell me I ought to watch it. Not every show can make a list of the best. If you take yourself that serious, this blog may not be for you.
13.Tales from the Dark Side- This was low budget and most episodes were cheesy, but it had a lot of good moments too.The movie with Steve Buscemi and Christain Slater was much better than the show.)
12. The Hitchhiker- Not as well known, this one gave us a twisted tale ever week. Much like The Hermit and The Crypt Keeper, The Hitchhiker watched the gruesome actions of those he encountered. It wasn't pretty, but was a good show!
11. Freddy's Nightmare- This was a weird and creepy anthology that had a lot of twists and turns in it. For being low budget it wasn't bad. It never starred Freddy, but he narrated and hosted it.
10.Dark Shadows- Before it was a movie, it was a creepy show. Before Vampires were all the rage, Barnabas ruled the night!
9. Buffy the Vampire Slayer- About a girl who knew how to handle demons and Vampires, this show drew tremendous attention. It also launched a few careers as well.
8.Monsters-Usually not the best cast but always a great and unique story. From zombies to Vampires to their own creations, Monsters had many of us on the edge of our seats!
7.Werewolf- This was a fun show with a great cast. it only lasted one season, which was a total shame!
6. Forever Knight- ray Knight was a cop that worked the night shift. Why? He was a vampire and didn't dare wait for the sun. Not even a serious crime could make him do that.
Hello boys and ghouls. The 7 season set is spooktackular!
The Frightening Five!
5.Kolchak : The Night Stalker- A brash newspaper reporter in Chicago, investigate murders committed by super natural and un dead beings. Darren McGavin was great in this!
4. The Walking Dead-After the majority of Earth's population was killed off, many of them started to walk. Guess who they were looking for! Great and experienced cast, and outstanding effects.
3. True Blood- An evil brood, a great story and lots and lots of...blood of course!
2. Tales From the Crypt- This HBO native was disgusting but compelling. Like the TZ it used great actors of its time and launched a few new ones. Like the Hitchhiker and many others it had a narrator (the difference was that the Crypt Keeper was the most likable).
Alfred's show lands on top. Now, you can stack it in your coffin.
And now the best of them all!
Here is the bravest and best.
1. Alfred Hitchcock Presents- The master of disaster made many great movies and an unforgettable show! The color versions were just as good as the black and white. This was one enjoyable nightmare after another!
Check these too!
- The 13 best Twilight Zone Episodes ( The Old Black and Whites) With a new TZ QUIZ! Read over 2,000 t
The old black and whites were amazing and far ahead of their time.
- The 13 scariest movies ever! Now this has a scary Quiz and poll!
Check this list of the scariest flicks ever!
More by this Author
Have you ever thought that you have heard all of the classic rock there was to hear? Here is one that you may not have. Monster is unique and powerful! Here it is.
Here is my list. It will be different than any other. I am not influenced by anyone or anything, other than my love of writing.