The 10 best and funniest aliases from the movies!
Fool me once...
The one and only!
So, what is in a name?
This is my official list of all of my favorite phony names used in the movies. Most are very funny as you will see, but some are a bit on the creepy side of the silver screen. One in particular came from a popular modern day horror franchise.
Some celebrities even use aliases in real life. For example, Kate Beckinsal checks into hotels as 'Sigourney Beaver', when she and her family vacation. Of course, her husband hates being called Mr Beaver in case you meet them out.
Some that my readers wanted me to include were actually real names that sounded funny. You will see them in the comment section, but they do not qualify as aliases.
Without further adieu,here are my favorites from the silver screen.
Clint, Harry or Larry?
Is he Larry Dickman or Dirty Harry?
Here are my top 10.
10. Carmine "the Big Ragu"- From the Cable Guy. It was a shame that so much went into this movie, just for it to be a flop. Jim Carey's character used so many names from T.V. shows that I don't think his real name was ever used!
9.Deszu Djizlas - This one was used in Who is Harry Crumb?. When asked about this alias that he was using, "Can you spell that?" Harry Crumb said " I don't think so, try it with a D ". That was a crazy movie with a big cast and a good story! One of John Candy's best comedic classics ever.
8. Jig Saw- From the Saw movies. The creep with a twisted sense of fun and dare I say justice? How does he have such a big following? I will never know! But then again, I never really understood why so Freddy Kruger had so many devoted fans either.
7. Ben Dover- Fletch 2 wasn't as good as the first, but the string of great aliases continued. And for the purpose of this list, great aliases were all that I cared about! Chevy was perfect for this role.
6. Jason Bourne- David Webb ( played by Matt Damon) was a foreign service officer in the Bourne movies. I thought that replacing Matt Damon with Jeremy Renner was a big mistake. You will have to watch the movies to learn more.
Harry Crumb, the immortal.
This is the part of the list where the names are all funny ones!
5. Bob Ghengiskhan- This one was dreamed up by Bill and Ted in their excellent adventure!
4. Dr. Rosenrosen/ Dr.Rosenpenis- Chevy Chase played a reporter in Fletch under the pen name of Jane Doe. He made up some other names to get info. I loved him in this one! he snack into the morgue to get some more information about his new case. He posed and a Dr. and never thought to come up with a name! These 2 were the best he could come up with.
3. Herman the Kid- Another bright idea from Bill and Ted.
2. John Cocktoasten-From Fletch. Chevy Chase was a reporter that went under cover. Irwin R. Fletcher thought that John Cocktoasten would work. Well at least it was a funny one!
Here it is, the best one last. This was from a serious movie but the scene and the name were both hysterical!
1. Larry Dickman- This was used by Officer Harry Callahan in The Enforcer (1976). Dirty Harry went into a whore house, looking for a radical that was hiding out there, and this is who he left as! I loved that part, and just about died the first time I saw it! The madame in this scene was an older hysterical woman who acted like she new who Larry Dickman was. His delivery was priceless and proof that Clint Can be funny now and then.
Dr. Rosenpenis makes house calls!
And now, for some of the worst!
I hated some of these! LOL-
Count Alucard- Yes you guessed it, Dracula backwards! Used by Lon Chaney Jr. in the Son of Dracula. It was pretty lame!
Dr. Acula- Only Ed Wood could think of something that crazy! This was supposed to be a smoke screen of sorts, to hide the identity of the Prince of Darkness. As I said, only Ed Wood.
Now, tell me some of your favorites!
The funniest alias.
Of these, which is the funniest name?See results without voting
The legacy begins here.
And now the coolest.
Which name was the coolestSee results without voting
Other movie blogs
- The 13 scariest movies ever! Now this has a scary Quiz and poll!
Check this list of the scariest flicks ever!
- The twelve best actors that play bad guys. read over 3,000 times
Here are the best actors to plays evil villains. Please check out my list of the best villains and best evil actresses.
More by this Author
These are the 15 that you want to keep playing over and over!
Here is my list. It will be different than any other. I am not influenced by anyone or anything, other than my love of writing.
One of the best parts of Christmas is the carols! But who thought some would be so funny?