The "Why," ooops, "Y" Chromosone
Why is it that:
· People born before 1945 are referred to as the “Greatest Generation?”
· People born from then until 1965 are the Baby Boomer Generation?”
· People born after that up until 1980 are called “Generation X?”
· And people born from then until the present are known as the “Y Generation?”
Let’s see, maybe because of the questions they ask?
· Why should I get a job?
· Why should I move out and get my own place?
· Why should I buy a car when it’s easier to borrow my parents?
· Why should I clean up my room, wash and iron my own clothes or help buy groceries at home?
OK, those are a few possibities. But perhaps the best answer is illustrated in this cartoon!
More by this Author
There are many myths and stories floating around about “Hotel California”. Very few, if any, have any substance. For instance, one myth claims the name refers to a mental hospital in Camarillo, CA.
In the beginning God created human governments and we all know what happened after that. Old fashioned American humor.
CB's beccame popular during the 1970's. Partly because of the 1973 oil crisis and a nationwide 55 mph speed limit. CB’s were used to help truckers locate stations having fuel and avoiding speed traps