The Wolf of Wall Street Soundtrack
The Wolf Of Wall Street: Music From The Motion Picture
The album containing the songs by various artists that were featured on Martin Scorsese's biographical black comedy The Wolf of Wall Street will be released on December 17, 2013, a week before the film starts showing in theaters on Christmas Day. The soundtrack album will be released through the Virgin Records label. With a running time of about an hour, the album is a nice addition to the pleasure of actually seeing the film which is considered by early critics as one of the celebrated director's best works to date. It's definitely a must-have for fans and aficionados of cinema music.
The album contains sixteen songs by fifteen different artists. These artists are as follows: Allen Toussaint, The Lemonheads, Bo Diddley, 7Horse, Romeo Void, Malcolm McLaren, The Jimmy Castor Bunch, Howlin' Wolf, Ahmad Jamal, Sharon Jones and the Dap Kings, Eartha Kitt, Billy Joel, Joe Cuba, Elmore James and Cannonball Adderley.
The musical score for the film was composed by the award-winning composer Howard Shore who is currently working on the The Hobbit trilogy by Peter Jackson. However, it hasn't been announced yet if a separate musical package featuring the score will be released.
Featuring tracks from Cannonball Adderley, Elmore James, Joe Cuba, Billy Joel, and Eartha Kitt.
Song Title - Artist
1. Mercy, Mercy, Mercy – Cannonball Adderley
2. Dust My Broom – Elmore James
3. Bang! Bang! – Joe Cuba
4. Movin’ Out (Anthony’s Song) – Billy Joel
5. C’est Si Bon – Eartha Kitt
6. Goldfinger – Sharon Jones and the Dap Kings
7. Pretty Thing – Bo Diddley
8. Moonlight In Vermont (Live At The Pershing Lounge/1958) – Ahmad Jamal
9. Smokestack Lightning (Album Version) – Howlin’ Wolf
10. Hey Leroy, Your Mama’s Callin’ You – The Jimmy Castor Bunch
11. Double Dutch – Malcolm McLaren
12. Never Say Never – Romeo Void
13. Meth Lab Zoso Sticker – 7Horse
14. Road Runner (Single Version) – Bo Diddley
15. Mrs. Robinson (LP Version) – The Lemonheads
16. Cast Your Fate To The Wind – Allen Toussaint
About the film
The Wolf of Wall Street is Martin Scorsese's take on the story of Jordan Belfort, a New York stockbroker who rose to unimaginable wealth only to fall after getting involved in corruption, crime and the federal government. It was based on the first memoir written by Belfort. The screenplay for the movie was written by Terence Winter (The Sopranos, Boardwalk Empire, Brooklyn Rules, Soldier of Fortune).
Starring in the film are Leonardo DiCaprio, Jonah Hill, Matthew McConaughey, Margot Robbie, Jean Dujardin, Kyle Chandler, Jon Bernthal, Rob Reiner and Jon Favreau. This is the fifth collaboration between DiCaprio and Scorsese. Their first four films together are Gangs of New York, The Aviator, The Departed, and Shutter Island.
You might also like to read these
- Saving Mr. Banks Soundtrack: The Score for the 2013 Film Starring Tom Hanks as Walt Disney
The OST for Saving Mr. Banks contains the original score by Thomas Newman. More details about the soundtrack below.
- The Smurfs 2 Soundtrack (2013)
There are two soundtrack albums associated with The Smurfs 2. The first one contains the original motion picture score by Heitor Pereira. The second one is a various artists album containing 10 songs.
- Violet and Daisy Soundtrack
Paul Cantelon from Glendale, California is composing the score for Violet and Daisy.
- Frozen Soundtrack for the Disney Film Starring Kristen Bell
The original soundtrack for Disney's Frozen features music written and composed by Christophe Beck, Robert Lopez and Kristen Anderson-Lopez.
- Delivery Man Soundtrack and Trailer Songs
The comedy starring Vince Vaughn will feature a score by Jon Brion (The Blue Umbrella, This Is Forty, ParaNorman, The Other Guys, Magnolia).
The Wolf of Wall Street trailer
More by this Author
Children will surely love and enjoy this set of coloring pages featuring characters from the animated film Hotel Transylvania. Hotel Transylvania features the voices of Adam Sandler, Selena Gomez, Andy Samberg and...
This is a list of the top fast food restaurants in the Philippines which include Jollibee, MacDonald's, Chowking and Mang Inasal.
Everything you need to know about the popular Filipino children's song.