Worldly Facts Hub
Carlos Slim Helu
Mark Elliot Zuckerberg
The wealthiest People in America
1) Carlos Slim Helú lives in Mexico City, Mexico but he is of Lebanese descent. He was worth about $ 74.5 billion in 2011. He is the owner of Mexico's largest mobile phone companies Telmex, America Movil and Grupo Carso. He was born on January 28, 1940 in Mexico City.
2) William Henry "Bill"Gates is the wealthiest American with a net worth of $ 54 billion in 2011. He is of English, German and Scottish / Irish descent. He is the chairman of the Microsoft Corporation and he is also involved in several other businesses. Mr. Gates was born October 28, 1955 in Seattle, WA and he lives in Medina, WA.
3) Warren Edward Buffet is worth about $ 45 billion in 2011. He is an American investor and CEO of Berkshire Hathaway. Mr. Buffett is of Scandinavian and Iberian descent and he was born on August 30, 1930 and he lives in Omaha Nebraska.
4) Mark Elliot Zuckerberg is a computer scientist and software developer and he is the youngest American billionaire with $ 6 billion. He is the founder of Facebook and was born in White Plains, NY. Mark Zuckerberg was born on May 14, 1984, is of Jewish and Bulgarian heritage and currently lives in Palo Alto, CA.
5) Oprah Gail Winfrey has a net worth of about $ 2.8 billion and she lives in Chicago, IL. She is of Sub-Saharan African and Native American ancestry. Mrs Winfrey is the former host of "The Oprah Winfrey Show." She is also the chairwoman and CEO of HARPO Productions. She was born January 29, 1954 in Kosciusko, Mississippi.
6)The media tycoon Robert Edward "Ted" Turner III is worth approximately $ 1.9 billion according to Wikipedia. He created CNN and other networks. His father committed suicide when Ted was 24 and Ted continued running his father's billboard advertising company which eventually made him wealthy. He is also the owner of the Atlanta Braves baseball team. He was born November 19, 1938 in Cincinnati, Ohio and lives in Atlanta, GA.
Interesting Facts about the World's wealthiest People:
*According to Forbes there were about 1,210 billionaires in this world in 2011 and in 2013 the number of billionaires in the world has grown to 1,426. The 1,426 billionaires in 2013 have a combined net worth of about $ 5.4 trillion.
* 32 million people, which represents about 7% of the world's population, are wealthy.
* People worth between $ 1 million and $ 5 million consider themselves to be wealthy.
1) Carlos Slim, Mexico City, Mexico: $ 73 billion (Telmex, América Móvil, Grupo Carso); Age: 73
2) Bill Gates, Seattle, WA, USA: $ 67 billion (Microsoft); Age: 57
3) Amancio Ortega Gaona, Spain: $ 57 billion (Inditex Group); Age: 76
4) Warren Buffett, Omaha, NE, USA: $ 53.5 billion (Berkshire Hathaway); Age: 82
5) Larry Ellison, USA: $ 43 billion (Oracle Corporation); Age: 68
6) Charles Koch, USA: $ 34 billion (Koch Industries); Age: 77
7) David Koch, USA: $ 34 billion (Koch Industries); Age: 72
8) La Ka-shing, Hong Kong & Canada: $ 31 billion (Cheung Kong Holdings); Age: 84
9) Liliane Bettencourt, France: $ 30 billion (L'Oreál); Age: 90
10) Bernard Arnault, France: $ 29 billion (LVMH Moët Hennessy; Louis Vuitton); Age: 63
Who is closer to God?
Who is closer to God, wealthy people or poor people?See results without voting
The World's Wealthiest People
More by this Author
I will add home remedies to this hub that are needed every day, week or month of certain parts of the year. A lot of times emergency room visit can be avoided by knowing some step-by-step solutions.