The best Liam Neeson Movies and Bio!
The tall man from Ireland.
BIO-Liam Neeson was born June 7, 1952, on the Emerald Island (the northern tip) . In his younger years, he worked for Guinness as a forklift operator, truck driver, and an assistant architect. He also was an amateur boxer ( and got his nose broken on his way to the Ireland Youth Championship , that he won), which explains the current shape of his nose. After a match he had a fainting spell, and decided to hang up his gloves.
Later, he decided to become a teacher and enrolled in St. Mary's, Belfast Ir. However in 1976, he joined the Belfast Lyric Player's Theater, and thus his journey to stardom began! He starred in "the Risen People" and two years later moved to the Dublin Abbey Theater. There, while performing the classics, he was discovered by director John Boorman, who cast him in "Excalibur", 1981. After that he starred in a number of unknown films and mini series, until he played a mute, in "Suspect" in 1987. From there a star was born. Liam went on to take lead roles in many block busters right up until this year, when he anchored the thriller, "The Grey".
He and his wife Natasha Richardson met in 1993 in Broadway's "Annie Christie". Later they co-starred in Nell. After having two children together, Natasha was killed in a skiing accident, in 2009. Liam left the filming of Clhoe to be by her side in the Hospital.
Movies he appeared in-
- 2012-The Grey
- 2012-Taken 2
- 2012-Wrath of the Titans
- 2011-The Hangover: Part II
- 2010-Clash of the Titans
- 2010-The A-Team
- 2010-The Wildest Dream
- 2010-The Next Three Days
- 2009-Five Minutes of Heaven
- 2008-The Other Man
- 2006-Seraphim Falls
- 2005-Batman Begins
- 2005-Kingdom of Heaven
- 2005-Breakfast on Pluto
- 2003-Love Actually
- 2002-K-19 The Widowmaker
- 2002-Gangs of New York
- 1999-Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace
- 1999-The Haunting
- 1996-Michael Collins
- 1996-Before and After
- 1994-Rob Roy
- 1993-Ethan Frome
- 1993-Schindler's List
- 1992-Leap of Faith
- 1992-Ruby Cairo
- 1992-Shining Through
- 1991-Under Suspicion
- 1990-The Big Man
- 1989-Next of Kin
- 1988-The Dead Pool
- 1988-The Good Mother
- 1987-A Prayer for the Dying
- 1986-The Mission
- 1984-The Bounty
- 1984-The Innocent
And now for my Top Ten list!
12. The A-team- I thought he was a mis-cast, and was sure I would not like this movie at all. Actually, he was great in it, and I loved it. The action and acting blew audiences away more than show ever could!
11. Clash of the Titans- A great remake that casted Neeson as Zeus, the almighty. He handled the role well and helped carry this action packed flick!
10. Rob Roy- Though boring in parts, this was a good story with an outstanding cast. Tim Roth, John Hurt, Eric Stoltz, and many others make Rob Roy an enjoyable movie. Jessica Lange and Liam are great together.
9. Kingdom of Heaven- Though he did not spend a lot of time on the screen in this one, it was an epic film and his contribution was unforgettable.
8. Clash of the Titans-
7. Nell- He played a conservative Dr. and cared greatly for Jodi Foster's character.
6. Batman Begins- As the sinister and clever Ra,s al Ghul, Liam played a key role in a great super hero classic.
5. The Grey- His newest and most unique film since Taken, this one had an unforgettable ending. Liam played this role perfectly and like no other could.
4. Les Miserables-
3. The Darkman- This was Liam's first leading role, and it was a great action flick. Many will disagree with me placing it this high, and some won't think it belongs on the list, but I do. This was original and it launched several careers, including his. The sequels were terrible because Neeson was not in them. I loved this one!
2. Taken- "They will take you". enough said.
Since you have not seen it on this list, you know which is number one. Nominated for several Academy Awards, this modern day classic will never be forgotten!
1. Schindler's List- Liam was excellent as Schindler. this was hard to watch but was amazing. As he wowed movie goers, his stock in Hollywood hit new highs! Liam came to America and made his mark in Silver Screen history!
Thank you for reading and check out one of his great movies soon!
Johnny Depp did a few movies too!
- My interview with Actress, Siobhan Fallon Hogan- of Forest Gump, Men in Black and much more.
Siobhan Fallon Hogan has starred in over 30 movies and 15 T.V. shows. The Syracuse native opens up and tells us more about who she is, her Hollywood costars, and growing up in New York's Salt City.
- What are Johnny Depp's best and worst movies?
Johnny Depp is a Hollywood favorite and on the eve of Dark Shaddows, I thought this would be fun.
More by this Author
Have you ever thought that you have heard all of the classic rock there was to hear? Here is one that you may not have. Monster is unique and powerful! Here it is.
These are the 15 that you want to keep playing over and over!
One of the best parts of Christmas is the carols! But who thought some would be so funny?