The best Operas of all times!
Was Jussi one of the best ever?
The best 12 ever! Please tell me below which operas you thought were the best.
Opera Houses around the world, and here in N.Y.S. are still selling large numbers of tickets to many of the shows listed below. Feel free at the bottom to tell me what your favorite and, where you saw it or them etc.
Who I left out: I did not want to leave out Sweeney Todd, because that one is electric and intense! But, maybe you can decide...is it a Musical or an Opera? If I do a list of the best musicals, Todd, Cats, and The Phantom would have to be included! Tell me your thoughts below.
Thanks for reading!
12. Otello- By Verdi: Very few wrote Operas like Verdi did! This is his first but not his last appearance on this list.
11. Rigoletto- By Verdi : The version with Pavarotti is the most popular, for reasons that I am sure are obvious!
10. The Magic Flute-By Mozart : Mozart knew Opera and this one is still popular all around our world.
9. La Traviata- By Verdi : Verdi again appears. Other than Puccini, who knew Italian Opera like Verdi?
Opera collections can make a great gift.
Operas is a great form of art that everyone should at least give an ear and eye to!
8. The Barber of Seville - By Rossini: One of the most famous and parodied Operas ever! I will never forget how Alpha on The Little Rascals butchered this one! The Looney Tunes and The Little Rascals liked this one also, and introduced Opera to new generations.
7. La Bohiem- By Puccini- There were so many Puccinis that he could have dominated this entire list. Some argue that this one is the most popular in the world. Angela Gheorghiu and Anne Nebrebko's versions are among the best.
6. Aida-By Verdi : I love the chorus in this production and I consider this to be the one that really made Verdi. His named and popularity soared after this.
5. Madam Butterfly- By Pucinni: Among the most popular, this is a tragic and compelling story. Puccini will never be topped or forgotten!
4. Carmen- By Bizet: I don't know one person who has not heard Habenarra or another part of this one! Bizet is the best one hit wonder in Opera!
3.Don Giovanni- By Mozart: Mr. Watson and Sherlock Holmes' favorite. Mozart was a real legend in this genre. Few could rival him.
2. Nozze di Figaro-By Mozart: This is probably my favorite. I especially love the version with Rene Flemming. This was the one played in Shaw Shank Redemption that Morgan Freeman's character remarked about.
1. Tosca- By Pucinni: Known for it's realism, Tosca is an action packed drama, set in three different parts of Rome.Puccini was a master and that is why he owns the top spot. This was his best work in my opinion!
Thank you for reading and feel free to leave me a comment. Since the comments on the 12 best Opera singers ever got so out of control, I do not allow insults or threats to be published here. It is my blog. Why would I want to read hate speech on here? Feel free to check out the 12 best Opera Singers ever!
One of the greats.
The master himself, and his music.
A brand new way to enjoy Operas!
Fandango now puts many Operas on the silver screen.
What is great about this is, you can find an Opera and a city that shows it right on their website. Opera on the big scree is a great convenience for those of us that do not live in a giant metropolis!
A perennial favorite!
Other music blogs that are fun to check out!!
- Anthony Kearns, An Irish Tenor.
Anthony Kearns is taking the U.S. by storm. This is why I believe that.
- The best songs sung by Opera Singers.
These are some of the best that the Opera masters have offered us. Enjoy!
- The 12 Best Opera Singers of all Times. Read over 19,000 times.
This is a list of the best opera singers as I see them. No I am not doing this on any organizations behalf. This is my list. Enjoy!
The Swedish Master!
More by this Author
Have you ever thought that you have heard all of the classic rock there was to hear? Here is one that you may not have. Monster is unique and powerful! Here it is.
Here is my list. It will be different than any other. I am not influenced by anyone or anything, other than my love of writing.