The 13 best Sci Fi/Fantascy/Horror songs. Leonard Nimoy and Weird Al appear!
The one and only Beck!
Calling Occupants-A must hear!
From a galaxy far far away, and...Oooops! That's the wrong guy!
The best off beat songs of all time-see where Leonard Nemoy and Weird Al are ranked.
Most songs about movie creatures and characters are meant for fun or are from a movie. Here are the best about fantasy and Sci-fi. Here are the ones I did not want to leave about, but did.One eyed one horned flying Purple People Eater-Sheb Wooley (1958) Yes this was a number one hit, and a fun one in October.Balloon Man- Robbie Hitchcock and The Egyptians. Puff didn't make it either. It just seemed to folky and kiddy to make it here.This one almost squeaked in! The Thing- Phil Harris- I love this old tune from 1950. "Hey get out of here with that *@(&% and don't come back no more!" Did anyone ever figure out what he brought home?
Several people mentioned the fact that Black Blade from B.O.C. didn't make it. I agree that it had an awesome beat and great riffs. But I listened to the lyrics again and it just didn't fit this genre. So, the fact that I left it out is NOT a slight against the song at all.
13. The Blob- Burt Bacharach-How could a horror movie's theme be so happy and up beat? This one was!
12 .The Monster Mash- Bobby"Boris" Picket and the crypt kickers-Some would rank this higher, but I have heard it a million times and am sick of it. So, just be glad it made it.lol
11. The Twilight Zone- Golden Earring I loved this old 80s tune from a classic band. "When the bullet hits the bone" was a famous line that lives on still. The video was pretty cool too.
10. The Wizard- Uriah Heep-This was a wild one about getting drunk with a wizard. Since he was a good wizard, I guess its o.k.
9.Calling Occupants- The Carpenters and Babes in Toyland- We all have capacities ya know...This was a very unusual song but it caught on and was a hit for both groups.
8. Black Hole- Beck- Not a well known song, and it wasn't a single. But it came from Mellow Gold (same album as Loser), and it was awesome!
7. Star Trekking- The Firm- No, this was not the same Firm that was formed by Jimmi Page, and Paul Rogers. This was a huge hit in England and did hit the top 40 in America as well. Like all good Star trek parodies, it made fun of Capt. Kirk mostly.
6. Godzilla- Blue Oister Cult- "History shows again and again how nature points out the folly of man". Love B.O.C.!
5. Children of the Sun- Billy Thorpe- this was a great Tune from the Awesome Aussie. "People of the Earth can you hear me?" This song was out of this world!
4. Werewolves of London- Warren Zevon- He saw Lon Chaney Jr. walking with a queen...May the voice I grew up with, rest in peace!
3. Do the Freddy-The Elm Street Band- Yes, this was a great song about that evil creep, Freddy Krueger. It was a parody of the dance smash form the 60's.
2. Highly Illogical- Leonard Nimoy- Supposedly sang by Mr.Spoc, this one makes fun of human beings. Its pretty funny!
Since you have not seen this anywhere on the list, you probably know which song is number one. Weird Al sang this one about the little runt, and one of the coolest talking creatures in cinema history!
1. Yoda- Weird Al Yankovick-The best ever! Yoda was awesome, and so was his philosophy!
Enjoy and leave me a comment!
- The 13 best Twilight Zone Episodes ( The Old Black and Whites) With a new TZ QUIZ!
The old black and whites were amazing and far ahead of their time.
More by this Author
Have you ever thought that you have heard all of the classic rock there was to hear? Here is one that you may not have. Monster is unique and powerful! Here it is.
These are the 15 that you want to keep playing over and over!
One of the best parts of Christmas is the carols! But who thought some would be so funny?