The best songs sung by Opera Singers. Read 5,000 times!
the great one!
- Jussi Björling - Nessun Dorma - YouTube
Just Music. Jussi Björling sings "Nessun Dorma" from "Turandot" by Giacomo Puccini in this recording.
The best of the best!
Though it has peeked it's head in to mainstream music, Opera has been its own unique genre, with a certain following. Americans have warmed up to Opera, thanks to Charlotte Church, Grace Brumby, Lanza, and especially the great one, Pavarotti.
Here are some great songs that Opera Singers have mastered.
10.No one would listen, The Phantom of the Opera- This was a haunty, romantic classic, from the Broadway to end all Broadways.
9. Habernara, from Carmen-This song was the test of strength for female Opera singers. I love Grace Brumby's version! She had such a strength in her voice.
8. Nessun Dorma-This was the test of strength for the male Opera Singers.No one sang this like Jussi Bjorling or Pavarotti! I can't decide which did this more justice. Paul Potts' version is nice but listen to this when done by a master.
7.Madam Butterfly- Written by Puccini, the master. Sang best by the immortal Maria Callas, and Angela Gheorghiu, this is a favorite of many who frequent opera houses.
6. All I Ask of You, from The Phantom of the Opera-The famous anchor from the Phantom. What more can be said?
5. Finiculi Finicula- Though I like the Pavarotti and even the Rodney Dangerfield versions, my favorite is the version by Irish tenor, Anthony Kearns. He carries the long notes with such a strength and passion that it captivates you.
4. Celito Lindo- I love almost every version of this Italian and Spanish Classic! The Italian Tenors do it the most justice, however.
3. Nozze Di Figaro- There were many great versions of this.My favorite is by Rene Flemming! This is the famous Opera song from The Shaw Shank Redemption, that Morgan Freeman spoke about.
2. Time to Say Goodbye- Bocelli and Brightman nail this one! What a beautiful melody.
1. Ave Marie- This is a Spiritual masterpiece! I love the versions by Mario Lanza, Sarah Brightman, Andre Bocelli, Pavarotti, and Jussi Bjorling.
Please be sure to check out this hub as well! http://hubpages.com/hub/The10BestOperaSingersofallTimes
- The best Operas of all time!
Since my article on the best Opera singers ever has reached 20,000 hits, I wanted to do a piece about the best Operas ever. Over over the world this type of performing art fills opera houses on a consistent basis. Read here to find out why!
More by this Author
Have you ever thought that you have heard all of the classic rock there was to hear? Here is one that you may not have. Monster is unique and powerful! Here it is.
These are the 15 that you want to keep playing over and over!
One of the best parts of Christmas is the carols! But who thought some would be so funny?