Top 10 sexiest 40+ male celebs - part 2
After the sexiest 40+ male celebs part 1, it just had to be followed by a part 2. So once again, here's my top 10 in random order. Don't forget to vote the poll if you think I've made a mistake. And for new suggestions, leave a comment !
1. Josh Holloway
Born Joshua Lee Holloway on July 20, 1969, as the second of four sons. Both of Josh's parents have medical experience. His mother worked as a nurse while his father completed two years of medical school. He has three brothers -- one older brother, Brad, and two younger brothers, Sam and Ben.
Although born in California, Josh and his family moved when he was just a baby and grew up in to the Blue Ridge Mountains of Georgia in a town called Free Home. 6' 2” (1.87 m) tall Josh studied at the University of Georgia but due to financial reasons had to quit after only one year; fortunately he became a successful male fashion model, which took him all over Europe and North America. A movie buff since the age of 3, he was eager to try his hand at acting and returned to Los Angeles in an attempt to pursue the craft. After several small roles in television series and comedies, landed in the role of James "Sawyer" Ford on the American television show Lost , which gave him world fame.
- Married Yessica Kumala in October of 2004. His daughter, Java Kumala Holloway, was born April 9, 2009.
- His first job was picking up dead chickens at a farm.
- Chosen in 2005 by "People" magazine as one of the 50 Most Beautiful People in the World.
- On the morning of October 12, 2005, Holloway and his wife were robbed at gunpoint in their home in Hawaii. The gunman woke the couple in their bedroom and stole cash and credits card before driving away in Holloway's Mercedes-Benz, which was discovered abandoned a short time later.
- He is of Dutch and Scottish heritage.
- Has earned his real estate license.
2. Rob Lowe
Born on March 17, 1964 in Charlottesville, Virginia as the first born son of Chuck Lowe (trial lawyer) and Barbara Lowe (writer/retired teacher), His parents divorced when he was young, though they remarried later on. The Lowe family moved to Dayton, Ohio, when he was a child. He is the older brother of actor Chad Lowe.
While his grandparents were Methodist Protestants, he was baptized as an Episcopalian. He attended Santa Monica High School alongside fellow actor Emilio Estevez, and was voted “most spirited.”
The 5' 11" (1.80 m) began modeling as a young boy and broke into acting in his teens. As he pursued his acting career, he became a member of the famed Brat Pack in the 1980s which appeared in teen-oriented movies, among them The Outsiders, The Breakfast Club, About Last Night…, and St. Elmo’s Fire. He was involved in a 1988 scandal centering around a sexually explicit videotape which involved a minor, for which he did 20 hours of community service in Dayton. He subsequently sought help for his problems with drugs and alcohol and has re-emerged in the 1990s as a clean and sober husband and father.
- Married to Sheryl Berkoff on July 22, 1991 and has two sons named Matthew Edward Lowe en John Owen Lowe
- Best known for playing ‘Sam Seaborn’ in the television show The West Wing (1999-2006) and ‘U.S. Sen. Robert McCallister’ in the television show Brothers and Sisters (2006-present)
- In April 2008 it was revealed Rob was being blackmailed by his children's former nanny. The woman had been threatening to reveal intimate details about Rob, unless he met her demands for $1.5 million. Rob turned the tables on the woman by publicizing his side of the story.
- He’s deaf in his right ear.
- Assisted with Arnold Schwarzenegger's campaign, which helped get the Austrian actor elected as Governor in 2003.
- Founder of the the Homeowners Defense Fund.
- Was the first male spokesperson for the 2000 Lee National Denim Day. A fundraiser for breast cancer research and education. His grandmother and great grandmother suffered from breast cancer
3. Matthew McConaughey
Born November 4, 1969 in Uvalde, Texas as the youngest son of son of Mary Kathleen, a substitute teacher, and deceased James Donald McConaughey, a gas station owner who ran an oil pipe supply business and once played football for the Green Bay Packers. His mother and late father divorced and re-married each other several times. The family located to Longview, Texas (east of Dallas) where he graduated from the local High School (1988) where he was voted most handsome in the Longview Lobo Yearbook.
Showing little interest in his father's oil business, which his two brothers later joined, 6' (1.83 m) tall Matthew was longing for a change of scenery, and spent a year in Australia, washing dishes and shoveling chicken manure.
Back to the States, he attended the University of Texas in Austin, originally wishing to be a lawyer. But, when he discovered an inspirational Og Mandino book "The Greatest Salesman in the World" before one of his final exams, he suddenly knew he had to change his major from law to film.
After appearing in several student films, commercials and small movie roles, his star rose after his roles in Lone Star (1996) and A Time to Kill (1996).
- was named People magazine's “Sexiest Man Alive” for 2005 and "Hottest Bachelors" in 2006.
- His father died of a heart attack in August 1992
- Rescued various pets stranded after the flooding of New Orleans from Hurricane Katrina. In 2006, in Sherman Oaks, California, he rescued a cat from two youths who had doused the animal in hairspray and were attempting to set it on fire.
- Despite being a native Texan, he's a big fan of the Washington Redskins NFL team.
- In November 2007 he bought a 3,500 square foot, 4 bed - 3 bath home in Malibu for $10 million. He was shopping for a home in the area and spotted the property - which was not on the market - and made an offer to the residents for the property, which was accepted.
- Has a son, Levi (born July 7, 2008) and a daughter, Vida (born January 3, 2010) with his girlfriend, Camila Alves
4. Jeffrey Dean Morgan
Born in Seattle, Washington on April 22,1966 as the son of Sandy Thomas and Richard Dean Morgan.
He was a basketball player in high school and university eager to be a professional until a knee injury ended his desire for a career in the sport. Eventually left college after a knee injury to pursue his other interests at the time: painting and writing. Got into acting more or less accidentally when he was helping a friend move from Seattle to Los Angeles; he was going to stay for a weekend but never left.
Once ensconced in L.A., 6' 2" (1.88 m) Jeffrey landed cameo spots in various TV shows like ‘JAG’ and ‘CSI’ and independent films. But after over a decade of struggling to make a name for himself, he finally received his due when cast in the recurring role of Denny Duquette, heart patient and love interest to a surgical intern, on the hit television series “Grey’s Anatomy” (ABC, 2005- ). He also had recurring roles on The CW and Warner Bros. Television's drama series, "Supernatural," and on Showtime and Lions Gate Television's award-winning comedy series, "Weeds."
By the time his character was killed on “Grey’s,” Morgan was poised for stardom, which included a prominent role in the highly-anticipated comic book adaptation, “Watchmen” (2009).
- Began dating actress Hilarie Burton in 2009, with whom he has a son, Gus (March 2010). It’s his second son; he and ex-girlfriend Sherrie Rose also have a son, of whom Jeffrey became aware in March 2009, when the child was already four years old.
- One of People's Sexiest Men Alive for 2007
- In the three shows that Jeffrey Dean Morgan was active in simultaneously (Grey's Anatomy, Supernatural, and Weeds), all three of his characters died.
- The Seattle native also loves to root for his home team, the Seattle Seahawks.
- He resides in Los Angeles with his dogs Bisou and Bandit Mogan, a puppy he rescued in Puerto Rico while filming "The Losers."
5. Simon Baker
Born July 30, 1969 in Launceston, Australia as the son of drama teacher Elizabeth Labberton and school grounds-man Barry Baker. His parents split when he was 2; his mother later married Tom Denny, a butcher. By 1972, they had moved from Launceston, Tasmania to New Guinea, hoping to secure better paying jobs.
He entered the entertainment world, in 1991, with his appearance in a couple of music videos followed by appearances in television series. Upon relocating to Los Angeles with his family, he was immediately cast for the role of Matt Reynolds in the Academy Award winning film L.A. Confidential (1997), followed by supporting and leading roles in films and television series. But he achieved far greater recognition and acclaim in the lead roles on the drama series The Guardian (2001-2004) and the new detective series The Mentalist (2008-present).
- Married to Rebecca Rig (1998) with whom he has daughter Stella (1993), son Claude (1998) and Harry (2001). Australian actress Nicole Kidman is godmother to his youngest child Harry.
- Has an older sister, currently a doctor in Australia, and three younger half siblings.
- Voted People Magazine's 50 Most Beautiful People (2002), one of People Magazine's 100 Most Beautiful People 2009.
6. Patrick Dempsey
Born in Lewiston, Maine on January 13, 1966 to Amanda and William Dempsey as the youngest of three children.
Discovered by a successful invitation to audition for a role in a stage production and several small and lead roles in film later, his first major television role was a recurring role as Will's closeted sportscaster boyfriend on television series Will & Grace. Received significant public attention for his role as Dr. Derek Shepherd in the drama Grey's Anatomy.
- In response to his mother's ovarian cancer diagnoses in 1997, he helped start the Patrick Dempsey Center in his hometown of Lewiston, Maine. The first Dempsey challenge (October 2009) for cyclist, runners and walkers raised more than one million dollars for the center.
- Was diagnosed with dyslexia at age twelve
- Married to makeup artist Jillian Fin; has a daughter Tallulah and twin sons Darby and Sullivan.
7. James Denton
Born James Thomas Denton Jr. on January 20, 1963 as the second of three children to dentist J.T. Denton and Mary Jean Woolslair in Nashville, Tennessee, he grew up in Goodlettsville, Tennessee.
Even though his father was involved in community theater, James didn't jump in until he was 23. Although he spent four years selling advertising for two radio stations and then for the CBS affiliate in Nashville, his heart was already in another place, and after a short stint in North Carolina, the 6'1" (1.85 m) headed to Chicago to try his hand at acting full-time. After guest spots on The Drew Carey Show, JAG, Ally McBeal and West Wing, his breakout role was as the mysterious hunky carpenter Mike Delfino on the hit “Desperate Housewives” (ABC, 2004 - ).
- His mother died from breast cancer in 2002
- On his upper left arm, he sports a tattoo honoring his late father (it features his dad's initials, birth date, date of death and Navy Rank and serial number).
- Voted one of People magazine’s “Sexiest Man Alive” list in 2004, 2006 en 2007.
- Plays guitar in the charity cover band “Band from TV” with fellow celebs like Hugh Laurie (‘House’). The band performs in order to contribute money to charity.
- Co-owner of the Golden Baseball League Team, The Fullerton Flyers.
- Married Jenny Lyn Ward in 1997 but the marriage ended in 2000
- Married Erin O'Brien in 2002 ; they have a son, Sheppard (2003) and a daughter Malin (2005)
8. Clive Owen
Born in Coventry, Warwickshire, England on October 3, 1964 as the fourth of five sons of Pamela and Jess. His father was a country and western singer and left the family when Owen was three years old. Despite a reconciliation in the 80s, Owen and his father remained estranged. His mother remarried and Clive and his older brother Garry, and younger brothers Lee, Alan and Scott had a ‘rough’ childhood, as Clive says. He graduated from the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art in 1987 and won a position at the Young Vic theatre in London, performing in several Shakespearean plays.
As he carved out a career in television, he starred in several (BBC) productions but the 6' 2½" (1.89 m) became well known to North American audiences in the summer of 2001 after starring as The Driver in the The Hire, a series of short films sponsored by BMW and made by prominent directors. Ironically, he turned down the role as The Driver for BMW twice. But after he was sent a copy of the script for the first ad, he was impressed by its presentation and immediately accepted the role. He jumped on a plane to LA, and was whisked away to the set of the first ad as soon as he landed. With these ads and his deep dramatic baritone voice, he broke into the top ranks of British superstars who are making it huge in Hollywood.
- Met his wife actress Sarah-Jane Fenton at the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art while doing Romeo and Juliet. They married to in 1995; they have two daughters – Hannah and Evie.
- Number 5 in Elle (France) Magazine's "15 Sexiest Men" poll; number 25 in Empire Magazine’s list of 100 Sexiest Stars (2007).
- His brothers Lee and Alan live in Japan and work in the music industry; Gary lives in Weymouth, UK and Scott works in a jeweler’s shop in Coventry, UK.
9. Matthew Fox
Born July 14, 1966 in Abington, Pennsylvania. His mother, Loretta was a teacher, and his father, Francis raised longhorn cattle and horses and grew barley for Coors beer. When he was very young, his parents and siblings, Francis Jr. (1961) and Bayard (1969), moved to Wyoming, where they lived on and were caretakers of the remote "Bitterroot Ranch" outside Dubois. After a few harsh winters, the family purchased the ranch in Crowheart, Wyoming and he was raised there.
While attending Columbia University, the 6′ 2″ (1.88 m)was introduced to a modeling agent who convinced him to try some modeling which led to a couple of TV commercials. Soon after he was sold on acting. At the age of 25, he made his debut on an episode of Wings. That same year, he also starred on a short-lived dramatic series, Freshman Dorm. His big breakthrough came eventually when he played the role of surgeon Dr Jack Shephard on Lost (2004-2010). After stating he is done with television work on several occasions, he now focuses on films.
- Chosen by People (USA) magazine in 1996 as one of the 50 most beautiful people in the world
- He met his wife Margherita Ronchi in 1987 at university and they married in 1992. The couple has two children; Kyle (1997) and Byron (2002). Rumors about Matthew's infidelity in 2010 led to a split with his wife.
10. Tim McGraw
Born on May 1, 1967 as Samuel Timothy McGraw in Delhi, Louisiana as the son of waitress, Elizabeth "Betty" Ann and Frank Edwin "Tug" McGraw Jr. who later became a relief pitcher for the New York Mets and the Philadelphia Phillies. He was raised by his mother and stepfather Horace Smith whom he believed was his biological father until he was 18 years old. By then his father acknowledged paternity and they remained close until Tug died of a brain tumor in 2004.
Came to the attention of Curb Records in 1990 and had his first minor hit in 1992. "Don't Take the Girl" from his second album ‘Not a moment to soon’, became his first No. 1 country hit. Successful albums, Country awards and tours followed with several highlights:
The 6' (1.83 m) country singer headlined the most successful country tour of 1996, The Spontaneous Combustion Tour, with Faith Hill as his supporting act. They fell in love and Faith broke off her engagement to her former producer Scott Hendricks for him. They married in 1996 and have had three daughters: Gracie Katherine (1997), Maggie Elizabeth (1998), and Audrey Caroline (2001).
His duet with hip-hop artist Nelly on "Over and Over" in 2004 spent 10 weeks atop the Top 40 chart and a week at the top of the UK single charts making it his first visit to the UK hit countdown.
He sang an alternate version of "I Like It, I Love It" throughout the 2005 NFL season every week, with alternative lyrics that would make reference to plays during Sunday's games.
His 2006, 73-concert 55-city Soul2Soul II Tour with his wife Faith Hill grossed nearly $89 million, sold almost 1.1 million tickets. While making it the top grossing tour in the history of country music, the couple donated all of the profits from their performance in New Orleans to Hurricane Katrina relief.
Received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in 2006
Finished his Southern Voice Tour in August, 2010
Sexiest male celebs over 40
So... do you think I've made a mistake ? Which celeb doesn't belong on this list ?See results without voting
More by this Author
My personal top 10 of very attractive Afro-American men over 40
My personal top 10 of very attractive male celebs over 40
Most of you guys don't realize that when you kiss a woman for the first time, she decides right then and there if she ever wants to kiss you again. Or have sex with you at all. Did that sink in ?