The 20 best party/dance songs- With a Brand New Quiz! Read 20,000 times!
NOT ON THIS LIST!
Take the fun QUIZ below!
These are not in the "dance music" genre, but they make you want to get up out of that chair and boogie the night away! I couldn't include "Iike the nightlife" sorry.
I hated to leave off the Bananna Splits tra la la ...lol no not really. It was great though!
It was hard to exclude "I love The Night Life", Dancing Queen, You never can Tell" and a few others.
Please also check out this one! http://mikesyrsutton.hubpages.com/hub/The10FunniestSongsEVERTheRevisedList Its a gas!
20. Get into the groove- Madonna: Her first song to make it. The Queen of pop starts us off.
19. I will survive -Gloria Gaynor: Saturday Nights are for the survivors!
18. Play that Funky Music-Wild Cherry: A legendary disco smash!
17. Stir it up- Bob Marley: I love Bob! How can you not totally dig and want to dance along with this song?
16. Do the Freddy- Freddy and the Dreamers: This 60's smash had it's own dance. It later became a parody sung by the Elm Street Band, about a different Freddy!
15. I Believe in Miracles- Hot Chocolate: For all you sexy things out there.
14. Ray of Light- Madonna Yes I liked this better than Get into The Groove and its more of a dance/party song than Borderline.
13. Jump Jive and Wail- Brian Setzer: This brought backswing and made it cool again!
12. Short Skirt and Long Jacket- Cake Even a grunge/rock band made this list.Before you argue it though, you have to listen to this beat.
11. Boot Scootin' Boogie- Brooks and Dunn I am not a country guy, but this caught fire faster than an old set of monster truck tires!
10. Let's do the twist- Chubby Checker: Oh come baby... here are the 10 best!
9. I Miss You Much- Janet Jackson: She's not the kind of girl that likes to be alone. Janet's break out tune!
8. Action-Terror Fabulous: Call it Reggae, call it hip hop, call it club beat. Whatever you call it , just don't forget to dance to it!
7. White Lines- Grand master Flash: All about drugs, destruction and it makes me want to dance! Get higher baby, get higher baby,...well number 7 is pretty high!
6. LaBamba- Los Lobos and Richie Valens: This Spanish folk song turned Rock and Roll smash, made millions dance away the 60's and then the 80's.
5. Born to be Alive- Patrick Hernandez : Patrick made many want to boogie away their Saturday! This is old but I still hear it often on the boogie woogie boxes (radio) LOL.
4. We like to Party-The Venga Boys : What a great theme song for dance clubs and amusement parks everywhere!
3. ABC-The Jackson 5 : This one makes you hit the floor!
2. The Electric Slide- Neville Livingston: Everywhere dace floor every where is familiar with this one. It even comes with its own dance.
And now for the best of them all. Number one!
John Hartford-Hey Babe ya wanna boogey- NO, THAT IS A JOKE! Here is the real number one!
1. Don't Stop till you get Enough-Michael Jackson: This was a great disco song by the KING of pop! Long live the KING!
Enjoy and get ready to get a new pair of shoes!
- The best golden oldies!
At the end of the rainbow is a Golden Oldie! Here are the best!
- The 12 Best Opera Singers of all Times. Read over 45,000 times!
This is a list of the best opera singers as I see them. No I am not doing this on any organizations behalf. This is my list. Enjoy!
More by this Author
Here is my list. It will be different than any other. I am not influenced by anyone or anything, other than my love of writing.
Have you ever thought that you have heard all of the classic rock there was to hear? Here is one that you may not have. Monster is unique and powerful! Here it is.