Tim McGraw: Random Fun Facts
Tribute to Tim McGraw
As country music fans, we all have our favorite musicians. Some of us may have more than just one. I have several artists that I enjoy listening to. Yet, Tim McGraw has been in my Top 3 favorites for many years.
He might not write his own songs, but he still puts his heart and soul into his musical adventures. He has to feel the music or else he just can't perform it.
When Tim has a new song come out his fans are all over it. Tim's music has varied over the years, from honky tonk to classic to mainstream country. He might lose a few fans during his transitional periods, but he seems to have gained more than he lost.
He continues to sell out concerts and entertain thousands of fans. Hooting, hollering and cheering is all that could be heard from me whether I'm at his concert, listening to his songs or watching his videos!
This is my tribute to the country artist who roped me into loving country music. If it wasn't for Tim McGraw I might not have discovered a whole new world of awesome artists and magnificent music. So, I thank you, Tim McGraw!
Samuel Timothy Smith
Tim McGraw Random Facts
- Birth name: Samuel Timothy Smith.
- Born on May 1, 1967.
- Smith was his stepdad's last name.
- When Tim was a youngen he happened to discover his birth certificate while rummaging through his mom's closet.
- He then found out his real dad was his favorite baseball slugger Tug McGraw.
- His mom's name is Betty Trimble...(Elizabeth "Betty" Ann D'Agostino).
- Tim is married to fellow country music star, Faith Hill. They meet while on tour together.
- Tim proposed by writing "will you marry me" on Faith's dressing rooms mirror in lipstick.
- Together they have three daughters Gracie, Maggie and Audrey.
- Tug and Tim didn't form a relationship until Tim was 18 due to Tug being resistant and in denial.
- Tim doesn't like roller coasters.
- Tim's grandma and Faith's grandma both predicted that Tim and Faith would hook up before Tim and Faith even knew each other existed. The grandma's did know each other either.
More Tim McGraw facts...
- Has been a country and western music singer for over 20 years.
- Has starred in many films: Black Cloud, Friday Night Lights, The Blind Side, The Kingdom, Four Christmases, Flicka, Dirty Girl, Country Strong and Tomorrowland...so far.
- There has been rumors that Tim might run for a political office one day. President Tim McGraw! Wishful thinking...
- The name of his band is the Dancehall Doctors.
- Performed duets with: Faith Hill, Nelly, Lionel Ritchie, Gwyneth Paltrow, Def Leppard, Taylor Swift, Mindy McCready, Keith Urban.
- Tim is of Italian, Irish, Scottish and German descent.
- Went to college on a baseball scholarship.
- Dropped out of college and moved to Nashville the day his hero Keith Whitley died.
- Established Swampstock in 1994. It's a charity softball game with all proceeds going to Little League programs in Northeast Louisiana.
- On March 13th, 2003 Sunshine attended a Tim McGraw and the Dancehall Doctors concert. Tim was over an hour late which was surprising since he's usually punctual. The next day in the Orlando Sentinel, I discovered why Tim was late. He was in Tampa visiting with his father Tug McGraw who was at Moffitt Cancer Institute and had recently been diagnosed with a brain tumor. I was in awe of Tim. He had received devastating news about his dad, yet he didn't disappoint his fans. He still gave them the time of their lives.
- The third time Tim and Tug met, when Tim was 20 years old and headed back out to college, Tug gave him his State Championship ring. Tim acted out a similar scene on Friday Night Lights. How cool is that?
Tim McGraw - She's My Kind Of Rain
Tim & Tug McGraw
Yet more random facts about Tim McGraw...
- Sunshine has been a fan for 16 years and would like to one day have a cook-out with Tim and Faith. I hear he grills a killer peppercorn seasoned steak!
- Kenny Chesney is/was Tim's best buddy. He even got arrested for him. Minor violation.
- Tim was born in Start, Louisiana.
- Tug McGraw gave Tim's demo to a music executive for Curb Records. The rest is country music history.
- Mattel Toys created and sold a set of Barbies that were supposed to resemble Tim & Faith. Mattel failed. I tried to warn them (see link to article below)
- Tim's first hit was Indian Outlaw, which was quite controversial, but things eventually simmered down.
- He has 35 number one singles and his hits continue to climb the charts...
- Hosted Saturday Night Live in 2008.
- Sunshine celebrates Tim's birthday each year with a cake, cookie or cupcake.
- In 2011 she was able to actually celebrate Tim's birthday with him in the same room. A birthday bash concert (see link to article below)
- Tim made sure his father Tug McGraw had the best medical care during his battle with a brain tumor. He was by his side when Tug passed away on Jan. 5th, 2004.
- Rescued a fan during a concert in May of 2013.
- Serenaded a girl at a concert in Atlanta. He also signed his guitar and gave it to her. Awww.
- Was honored by Time magazine on April 21, 2015 with being in the Top 100 influential people of the year. Way to go, Tim!
Tim McGraw - Master Class OWN TV Oprah
Are you a Tim McGraw fan?See results without voting
Time Magazine Top 100 Influential People of the Year
Tim McGraw Quote
I live in a house with four women.
Just shut up and say, Yes, ma'am.
Additional Tim McGraw articles by Sunshine...
- Tim McGraw Fan Letter
If it wasn't for Tim McGraw I might never have become a fan of country music. This is my thank you letter to him!
- Tim McGraw Birthday Bash Concert Tour
This hub is my review of Tim McGraw's concert I attended on May 1st, 2011.It wasn't just any concert...it was also his 44th birthday.
- Tim McGraw & Faith Hill Barbie Dolls by Mattel
Mattel created Barbie dolls in honor of Tim McGraw and Faith Hills wedding anniversary in Oct. As a fan of the McGraw's I am extremely disappointed in the finished product.
- Country Music: My 8 Favorite Marriages
Country music artists seem to have a secret to long lasting marriages...here are some of my favorites.
© 2011 Linda Bilyeu
More by this Author
Backstreet Boys are like a gift that keeps on giving...to my daughter and now my granddaughter.
A fan letter and videos in honor of Miss Carrie Underwood aka Mrs Mike Fisher
Nashville is a popular city not only for their history but also for their music and entertainment venues. If you haven't considered a visit to Music City before, I hope that you consider it now...