To Catch A Predator With Chris Hansen : A Review
Lurking behind every corner on the Internet is a wolve after there prey. They are found in social book-sites waiting to pounce on there next victim. Some of there victims survive while others never return home, only to be dumped on the side of the road like a piece of trash. Who are these predators? Men and women who cannot seem to keep there hands off of underage children. Is it a low self-esteem issue or a person who feels immense power toward them? Many of us will never understand why they go after there victims, but we as a community can do what it takes to prevent our children from becoming there next victim.
Collaborating with Perverted-Justice.com and airing on Dateline since November 2004, Chris Hansen has held the undercover sting operation for over 12 episodes. Using a decoy to catch on-line predators who are hoping to meet up with young boys and girls between the ages of (12-15) . With law enforcement involvement in the states in which this program had aired, many on-line predators have been caught and arrested.
Watching the re-runs on MSNBC it turns a parents stomach when adult men decide to meet up with an under age child. Many of us who have children cringe in disgust, when these men who appear so innocent, tend to make excuses for why they are there. What goes on in a pedophiles mind? With all of the single women in this Country one cannot fathom why they would have to meet with a child. There were men who were married, engaged, single, and even men who had never had an involvement with a woman or a man for that matter. Rabbis, Pastors, Construction Workers, Business owners, the military and the list goes on. What are these idiots thinking? The sting operation was set up so well that many did not have any idea what they were walking into.
Chris Hansen has played such a significant part of catching pedophiles one can only hope that offenders will think twice before meeting with a child on-line. As for perverted-justice.com they are still in business working with law enforcement to catch and place those men or women who have nothing better to do then mess with children. You will find them scourging social Facebook, MySpace and any social sites they can watch. There are many volunteers who assist them to place those who think they cannot get caught while trying to mess with children, behind bars.
If it were not for Chris Hanen and perverted-justice the people who have been caught, may have been still walking the streets preying upon innocent boys and girls. I hope that a new episode will come out when those who are least expecting it will get caught.
Advice To Parents
Although teens wish to have freedom on the Internet and trust has to be earned, it is still perfectly fine to monitor them on-line.The following steps should be taken to prevent your son/daughter from becoming the next victim.
1. Get involved with your teen, know who there friends are. Many young adults are curious and nieve'.
2. Spending quality time with them, just don't sit on the couch while they are on the Internet try to keep them occupied with activities and less time serfing the web.
3. Many pedophiles are preying on the weak and innocent. Let your teens know that you can pop-in at anytime after school to see what they are up to.
4. If they tell you they are going to go to a mall or a friends house, you as a parent should drive them to their destination and meet with the teen and a parent. Give them a time when you will pick them up. If you have to, hang out for awhile to see who they may be honestly meeting up with.
5. Track the activity on the computer and the cell phone. Although media may tell the entire Country it is an invasion of privacy, until your teen is old enough to move out on their own it is your parental right to protect your children from harm.
6. Ask your child to only friend those who they know on social network sites, if they are not familiar with them, bring it to your attention. It could be someone who is looking to prey on your son or daughter.
As parents we need to take back the responsibility of our children and not allow the news media or any other source tell us how to parent our children. Pay close attention so our children will not be targeted and become the next victim.
As a parent are you doing all that you can to protect your children on the InternetSee results without voting
More by this Author
Love letters from famous people. A small list of some of our all time favorites. From Ludwig Von Beethoven to Ronnie Reagan himself. Love letters from the heart will get your creative juices flowing.
Originating in the 1890s, pin up girls became very popular in the 1930s when the image of beautiful women began to flourish.
American National Insurance a review of what could happen when someone takes out a life insurance policy. It is from an individual perspective who has dealt with the company firsthand.