Top 10 Doctor Who Villains
A great show has great villains. That is definitely true for the BBC show Doctor Who. Doctor Who is a television series about a time lord that travels through time and space in his TARDIS. During his travels, he runs into many evil beings. These are my top ten baddies of Doctor Who. Disclaimer: All the villains on this list are taken from the new series.
10. Cassandra - In the number ten spot is the one and only, Cassandra, aka, the last human on Earth. She claims to have had 708 plastic surgeries in her life. As such, she had become only a patch of skin, stretched out and attached to a frame. She constantly had to be moisturized due to her thin skin. Cassandra appeared in the show twice. The first time she appeared, she tried to takeover a ship in hopes to claim insurance money for more plastic surgeries. After that plan was foiled by the Doctor, she hid in a hospital and regained her "body" back. When she found out the Doctor and Rose were at the same hospital, she took over Rose's body as an act of revenge.
Why she made the list - Cassandra made the list because she had a change of heart after her brain moved bodies into a diseased hospital patient. She helped the Doctor cure all the diseased and then had her final resting place in the clone she made named Chip. After she realizes that she isn't going to last much longer, the Doctor brought her to the time when she was young and beautiful where she died in the arms of her younger self.
9. Ship on the Upper Flat - I didn't know what to refer to this "villain" as, so I'm calling it the ship on the Upper Flat. This was from the episode called "The Lodger", where the Doctor moves into an apartment with a guy named Craig. The Doctor immerses himself into Craig's life until one day, he and Craig have an argument and is finally forced to tell Craig why he is actually there. During the episode, many random people get lured to the upper flat of the apartment and disappear. When Craig's crush, Sophie gets lured upstairs, Craig and the Doctor follow to find that it's actually a spaceship that has been stuck there until they can find a new pilot.
Why the ship is on the list - The ship made the list because it went through many people before finding a possible new pilot, The Doctor. After he was chosen, he warns Sophie and Craig that he can't touch the panel or else the ship may explode. So, Craig was convinced to touch it because he didn't want to leave due to Sophie. During this time, Craig professes his love for Sophie and they kiss, which counteracted the ship's protocol.
8. Clockwork Droids - The Clockwork Droids were a group of androids that stalked Reinette's life, They were repair droids that were looking for spare parts on their ship so they could leave. They had disguised themselves to blend into 18th Century France. They seriously scared me. They were made from gears just like a clock and made a ticking noise. They stalked Reinette until she was deemed ready so they could take her brain to use in the motherboard if their ship.
Why Clockwork Droids made the list - The Clockwork Droids made the list because of their dedication to fix their ship by any means possible. They extracted different human parts from their crew of 50 people and used them as replacement parts on their ship. They also had sheer dedication to the fact that they wanted to use Reinette's brain as their motherboard.
7. Vashta Nerada - The Vashta Nerada were small carnivorous creatures. Their name meant "the shadows that melt the flesh" and that's exactly what they did. They mocked the shadows of their prey and then ate the flesh off them just leaving the bones. You knew that they were after you if you had two shadows. But of course, by then, it was too late.
Why Vashta Nerada made the list - By themselves, they are harmless, just like little toxins in the air, but in a large group, they are dangerous. Let's just say if Vashta Nerada were real, you would not want to be in a dark library ever wearing spacesuits. They were masterminds! They coordinated everything so it seemed like you were safe. They hid in the shadows, blended until the right opportunity and even moved with the spacesuits so it seemed to others you were safe. The Doctor claimed that their only weakness was light and that the only way to stay safe is to run. If the Doctor says that, you know you're in for trouble!
6. Cybermen - Cybermen were a race of cyborgs that originated on the planet Mondas. They started replacing their human parts with artificial parts in hopes of self-preservation but stemmed to them only being able to think logically and having no emotion. They have made many appearances in Doctor Who.
Why Cybermen made the list - Cybermen want to preserve their race. As such, they capture mass amounts of humans to turn them into more Cybermen. Once you become a Cyberman, you are one of the same, no feelings, just logic. Their suits are equipped with weapons that are made to destroy. If you get in their way, you'll either be killed, or more likely, turned into a Cyberman yourself.
5. The Silence - The Silence was an organization led by an alien race. They had many mentions during Doctor Who and appeared a few times in the show. No one really knows about them because once you look away from them, you forget about them but you remember what they've said. As such, they have had an easy time influencing people across history.
Why The Silence made the list - I chose to put The Silence on the list because they are one of those creatures that are always there without you realizing. The fact that you are aware of them until you look away creeps me out. It's nothing about their appearance (although their appearance is very scary) it's the mental state of not knowing.
4. Madame Kovarian - Madame Kovarian was a person in the organization The Silence. She wanted to destroy The Doctor because she was afraid if he lived, he would destroy the universe. She make a Ganger of Amy and the Ganger lived out Amy's life while the real Amy was pregnant. After Amy gave birth to her daughter, Melody Pond, Kovarian made a duplicate baby which Rory and The Doctor rescued leaving the real baby with Kovarian.
Why Madame Kovarian is on the list - Madame Kovarian is on the list because not only did she fool The Doctor once, but twice. One with the Ganger and one with the duplicate baby. She raised Melody Pond (renamed River Song) to kill The Doctor which she did.
3. Weeping Angels - Weeping Angels are an ancient race of aliens that look like statues. At first glance, they look like normal ordinary statues but when you turn away, they spring on you. If you look at them, they aren't able to move, but they can move lightning fast, so, if you blink, they could appear right in front of you...which is what they normally do. No one knows where they came from.
Why Weeping Angels made the list - Weeping Angels made the list because they are one of the more famous monsters from the series. Their statue appearance makes the die hard fan become terrified of statues. They don't kill their victims. With one touch, they can send you in the past or in the future. They feed off of the victims potential energy of the years the victim would have lived.
2. Daleks - Daleks are cyborgs with their insides Kaleds. They are made to kill. They were made with the sole purpose of world domination. They were created by Davros during the thousand year war against Thals. When made, they have every emotion removed but hate. Their number one enemy is The Doctor.
Why Daleks made the list - Daleks are pure evil. They are ruthless and don't care who they kill, as long as their ultimate goal of world domination is reached. Their weapon of choice is a death ray. Their armor is bullet resistant and guess what, they float. If ever in a showdown with a Dalek I don't even think running would help.
1. The Master - The number one on the list is The Master. He is the only other living Timelord besides The Doctor, His weapon is a tissue compression eliminator which shrinks his victims to doll like size which kills them in the process.
Why The Master made the list - I chose The Master as number one because he is also a Timelord. The Doctor and The Master have many similarities and no one can beat The Doctor, The Master was able to imprison The Doctor for quite some time, which no one else seems to be able to do. Also, without The Master, the series would have lacked a couple of amazing episodes.
That is my list! I hope you enjoyed it! Did I miss anyone that deserves to be on this list? Leave your opinions below!
If you like Doctor Who, you should see this video! Credit goes to AVbytes for giving me permission to use this video!
Which villain is your favorite?See results without voting
More by this Author
Cats are very fickle creatures. They are moody yet are loveable. If you are a cat owner, you know there are certain things that cats love and hate. Read to learn how to love your cat.
Poke Puffs are a great asset and tool to use in raising your Pokemon's affection in Pokemon X and Y. Learn all about Poke Puffs in this hub.
Learn how to take care of and train a Siberian Husky puppy.