Top 10 Samples in Hip-Hop History ~ Part 45 (Super Bowl XLV Half-Time Show)
Tonight's Matchup: Funkentelechy vs. The Placebo Syndrome
The No BEP's Half-Time Show!
Super Bowl XLV Edition
1) I'm Ready ~ Kano
- Whoomp! There it Is - Tag Team
2) I Choose You ~ Willie Hutch "The Mack Soundtrack"
- Int'l Players Anthem - UGK ft. OutKast
- P.I.M.P. pt 2 - 50 Cent - From the Game -"Bulletproof"
3) Brothers Gonna Work It Out ~ Willie Hutch "The Mack Soundtrack"
- Rat-Tat-Tat-Tat - Dr. Dre
- Definition of a Thug N**** - 2Pac
- Whole Lotta Love Goin On in the Middle of Hell - Public Enemy
- Farmers Boulevard (Our Anthem) - LL Cool J
- N***onometry - Canibus
- Land of the Skanless - Kausion
And many more...
4) Sexy Coffee Pot ~ Tony Alvon & The Belairs
- Run For Cover - Eric B & Rakim
- Real Estate - Cypress Hill
- The Number Song - DJ Shadow
5) Soulful Football ~ Willie Henderson and the Soul Explosions
- It's Not A Game - Pete Rock & CL Smooth
6) Soul Travelin' ~ Gary Byrd & The G.B.E.
- Halftime - Nas
- 8 Iz Enuff - Big L
- Jazzie's Groove - Soul II Soul
- Brainfreeze pt2 - DJ Shadow / Cut Chemist
7) 17 Days (the rain will come down, then U will have 2 choose. If U believe, look 2 the dawn and U shall never lose.)~ Prince
- Paper Thin - MC Lyte
8) It's My Thing ~ Marva Whitney a/k/a "Soul Sister #1"
- Mister Cee's Master Plan - Big Daddy Kane
- It's My Thing - EPMD
- Money For Sex - Del Tha Funkee Homosapien
- 5 Men and a Mic - Special Ed
- Victim to the Vinyl - Style
- F*** Tha Police - N.W.A.
- Bring The Noise - Public Enemy
- No Vaseline - Ice Cube
- Make Dat Move - Three Times Dope
- Bad Girls (Rock the Spot) - Cookie Crew
- Splish Splash - Cappadonna
9) Spread Love (45 King rmx) ~ Take 6
- Live at the Garden - Big Scoob, Notorious B.I.G., 2Pac, Shyheim, Big Daddy Kane
- I Got A Man - Positive K
- Love Is What We Need - London Funk Allstars
- N***z Talk Shit - Black Moon
- Me, Myself and My Microphone - Nine
- Autumn Leaves - Coldcut
- Dippin' - King Tee
- What More Can I Say & Here We Go- Das EFX
- Karma - Alicia Keys
10) Bop Gun (Endangered Species) ~ Parliament
- Endangered Species (Tales From the Dark Side) - Ice Cube / Chuck D
- Jackin For Beats - Ice Cube
- So Ruff - Redman
Watch This Great P-Funk Mythology Animated Video
Dr. Funkenstein sent the divine alien being Star Child here to Earth in what is known to Funkateers as "The Mothership Connection". His sole purpose: to bring us "the Funk" so that we may be free...to dance.
However, he soon encountered his nemesis Sir Nose D'Voidoffunk, master of the Placebo Syndrome who thinks he's too cool to dance. Andre 3000 also addresses this in "Take Off Your Cool" but y'all didn't listen of course.
In order for the human race to realize funk's awesome power a/k/a Funkentelechy, Star Child was forced to break out the Bop Gun with it's Flash Light so that it would shine a light on the suckas. Funk = Enlightenment
In other words, music sucks today because we're all still stuck on trying to be cool.
When Andre 3000 Speaks, the Funky People Listen!
More by this Author
I love 80's Music. Always will because I grew up on it. However, as I got older and my tastes became a bit more sophisticated, some of the songs started to sound dates...or just plain awful. Enjoy!
What's a 'Hair Metal' song? Hair Metal is a genre of music inhabited by 1980s glam rock stars who spend as much or more time on hair & make-up than on writing their music. While being labeled a hair band definitely...
This epic list was inspired by my childhood radio station WLIR-WDRE 92.7 fm on Long Island. Their mantra was 'Dare To be Different' and they were introducing new bands every single week. Let's begin.