The Best Scariest Horror Monster Movies
List Of The Most Frightening Monster Horror Films
Greetings and salutations, the dreadful month of fear and horrorfest, is just around the corner and I decided to put together a small list of some the scariest monster horror films ever made! Halloween horror, sci-fi horror, voodoo spells and much more.
For my family and I, these ten films are the ones that come to mind first; these are the movies that scared the living fecal matter out of us as we watched them in one of the darkest and creepiest living rooms in the United States. My Dad and uncle's for some reason thought it was OK for all of us kids to watch these nightmare inducing movies that filled our heads with visions of unspeakable horror while we slept huddled together fearing the monsters in the closet and the demons under the bunk bed. My list of horror films consist of psycho living dead pets, dolls possessed by a serial killers soul, unbelievable extraterrestrial creatures and the great Steven King movies!
All Of These Are Scary Horror Movies
In this article I give a brief description of each horror film in the list, so please feel free to comment and link. These are some of the most frightening horror videos of all time! Well at least for the Lau Clan. Enjoy the horror fest. Cheers
1. Alien (1979)
A science fiction horror film set in the distant future were technology has given us humans the incredible ability of traveling great distances in space. The title of the film introduces the films antagonist, an extraterrestrial creature with superior hunting skills. The crew of the commercial towing spaceship Nostromo is on a return trip home to Earth when they are awakened from stasis by the computer because of an incoming distress call. While investigating the call they rescue a man who later dies as the alien rips through his chest as he is joyfully eating. Soon after its birth, the creature begins its slow but steady killing of each member of the crew, until the end were the battle for the most dominant species wages off.
2. Gremlins (1984)
An original American comedy horror film about a young man who receives a strange and never before seen creature as a gift from his father. The gift the young man (Randy) received was a Mogwai, an unusual furry little creature from China that is very delicate and most be taken care with very strict rules (unless you want a small army of gremlins running amuck throughout your town). They sure are cute until they eat past their bedtime; I wonder if that happens to small children when they eat late? Well as long as it is not sugar. It is not hard to believe that such adorable creatures can cause so much destruction. Without knowing, we see this every day.
The Evil Dead (1981)
3. The Evil Dead (1981)
An extremely controversial horror film on this list, and because of this it was turned down by just about every film distributor in America, because of its gore, and graphic violence, a European company made the decision and bought the film in the Cannes Film Festival marketplace. The movie is about five students from Michigan State who go on vacation into the mountains of Tennessee for a weekend getaway from their academic stress filled lives. Everything is going great until the people stumbled upon The Book of the Dead , Nyturan Demonta; after venturing into the basement of the log cabin, they discover an audiotape that has satanic incantations that where read aloud from The Book of the Dead . In their ignorance, they unwittingly released the demon spirits known as kandarian. After the spirits of kandarian demons where released, they began to slaughter, rape and destroy the University students from the city. A mistake often made by college students, if I might say so myself
All Scary Movies
4. Pandorum (2009)
This science fiction movies depicts the future man will face. Do to massive overpopulation Earth gathers a 60,000-person colony and sends them on a 123-year voyage to a distant planet on the starship Elysium, for the establishing of a new Earth home. Shortly after their jettison into the black, they receive a transmission from Earth where they learn the unfortunate news of its impending destruction. One of the crewmembers falls ill to a psychological disorder called Pandorum; it is a condition that is triggered by extended periods of deep-space travel and hyper-sleep. With its symptoms of vivid hallucinations, severe paranoia, and homicidal tendencies, affecting one of the crewmembers the human race nearly goes extinct. Imagine having to face mutated cannibal humanoids roaming around the ship, as primitive as man was before the flood, feasting on human flesh. The monsters of this film are the passengers of Elysium that have mutated because of the chemicals used to preserve the body while in hyper-sleep, but the extended time caused an unforeseen enemy for the hero
5. Predator (1987)
The film is based on the idea about an extraterrestrial species of great intelligence, that lands deep in the jungles of Val Verde, where the alien predator begins to hunt down a group of United States Army Special Forces, that were stationed there to rescue political figures that were kidnapped by guerrilla forces. The humans where seen as a test of superiority, a great hunter verses his greatest threat. The U.S.A.S.F. where slowly and ritualistically killed until the predator faced off against the best of the best, Major Dutch Schaeffer (Arnold Schwarzenegger). This movie is what makes city folk like me weary of venturing into the woods; not knowing what you may encounter, my luck I just might run into Predator Jr out for revenge.
True Scary Stories Of Horrorfest
The Fly (1986)
6. The Fly (1986)
Weird and unusual science fiction film tells the story of a brilliant research scientist who develops a revolutionary way of transporting inanimate objects through space and time, but later goes mad from self-experimentation. The future method of transporting goods by dismantling the objects on a molecular level and then transporting the molecules and the information from the first “Telepod” to a second “Telepod” where they are reassembled. After the scientist Seth Brundle (Jeff Goldblum), begins to have a love affair with a beautiful journalist named Veronica Quaife (Geena Davis), early in the relationship Brundle encounters Veronica’s ex-boyfriend, and the love between them is tested, because off this Brundle began to experiment on himself as a way of retaliating against his feelings for Veronica. The outcome of his experimenting resulted in the creation of the “Brundlefly,” were the now mad scientist’s DNA was accidentally but successfully combined with the DNA of a housefly (and they say computers are made to better our life's). Can you imagine how Brundle must of felt knowing that he screwed up pretty bad; he had to know that houseflies do not have long life spans.
Creep Show (1982)
7. Creep Show (1982)
One of the original films of horror, edited to give the viewer the feeling that they are watching a comic book of death. The film is a collection of five different tales consisting of the bizarre. A man is changed into giant Oscar the grouch; a crate has some demon creature thing, and that just a few of five levels of bizarre.
8. Hellraiser (1987)
A man named Frank Cotton (Sean Chapman), who is a man of violence, impulsively buys a puzzle box from a dealer in Morocco. When he returns home, and just as the man solves the puzzle box, it opens up and chains with hooks propel out of it and rip at Franks flesh. By completing the puzzle, Frank opened the door for a group of demons named “Cenobites.” They have come for the inspecting of the remains from the last victim of the puzzle box. As their leader Pinhead twists the box back to normal, the room where Frank’s mangled body lied transformed the same, and Franks remains disappeared.
Child’s Play (1988)
9. Child’s Play (1988)
1. A serial killer named Charles Lee Ray (Brad Dourif), also known as “The Lakeshore strangler”, is chased being by Detective Mike Norris (Chris Sarandon) who mortally wounds Charles with a gun shot. Before Charles Lee Ray dies he takes shelter inside a toy store, and finds boxes of the Good Guy doll, right away, he uses a voodoo ritual that he learned from a mentor, and places his soul into one of the dolls. Soon after the ritual is complete, the toy store is struck by lightning and catches fire. The morning of the incident, a young 6-year-old boy Andy sees a commercial for the Good Guy doll and asks his widowed mother Karen if she would give him the gift of the doll for his birthday. Karen being a widow is struggling to make ends meet, but she still loving agrees to get her son the toy he wants. She later purchased a stolen Good Guy doll from a homeless man; unknowingly Karen made the mistake of purchasing the cursed doll that contains the soul of the serial killer, Charles Lee Ray. This movie discouraged me from ever wanting toys like that, just give me some Matchbox cars and Hot Wheels and I am good to go for hours.
Pet Cemetery (1989)
10. Steven King’s Pet Cemetery (1989)
1. Doctor Louis Creed moves his wife Rachel and two children Ellie and Gage along with their pet cat Winston Churchill “Church” to a small town in Maine named Ludlow. Louis befriends an older man named Jud who showed them the misspelled Pet Sematary where the town’s children bury their pets, and lurking behind some brush lays the true and cursed burial ground. Later on in the story, Church is run over by a passing truck on Thanksgiving, and Louis is hesitant to break the news to his family, Ellie for fear of how she would react, and Rachel because of her disapproval of speaking about death. His new friend Jud leads Louis to the real burial ground just beyond the pet cemetery, where Louis proceeds to bury Church, to later have the family return as a demon possessed cat the Louis says is “a little dead.” Gage is run over by a truck just as he learns to walk, and in the pain of mourning he decides to bury his son in the cursed ground of the pet cemetery, but his friend Jud tells Louis of the story of a man who buried his son who died in combat in WWII. The story ends with the father killing his war vet son, and burning his house down with himself in it. Steven King, how does he come up with all of these ideas? Can you imagine having some half dead smelly cat running around your house smelling worse than its litter box?
Take Sometime To....
If you enjoyed my article and found it useful in any way, or you have any thing you would like to say please take a minute or two to:
- Rate Up By Pressing The Green Button Below
- Leave A Comment At The Bottom
You don't have to sign up to comment or rate this article.
Whether constructive or not, I want your feed back.
My Blog And Other Hubs
- My Weight Loss Without Surgery Blog
This blog is for the documentation and sharing of my weight loss without surgery and without a whole lot of exercise. This is on of those diets that works fast. Diet tips, weekly plan and recipes can be found here.
- My Chill Spot
My blog about world news, movie reviews, television show reviews and life reviews. Basically random randomnis about random things.
My Store For You
- My Store For You - Get What You Want!
My store that I set up with everything that you would need. Competitive prices, some of the best online. So get everything you need now!
More by this Author
This article is about my dieting experience, and the fastest way to burn fat without starving yourself to death. I will be updating my blog periodically with before and after pictures of my weight loss. I have achieved...