Top 20 Alfred Hitchcock Quotes
20) In films murders are always very clean. I show how difficult it is and what a messy thing it is to kill a man.
19) Luck is everything... My good luck in life was to be a really frightened person. I'm fortunate to be a coward, to have a low threshold of fear, because a hero couldn't make a good suspense film.
18) Always make the audience suffer as much as possible.
17) The length of a film should be directly related to the endurance of the human bladder.
16) A good film is when the price of the dinner, the theatre admission and the babysitter were worth it.
15) I am scared easily, here is a list of my adrenaline - production: 1: small children, 2: policemen, 3: high places, 4: that my next movie will not be as good as the last one.
14) If it's a good movie, the sound could go off and the audience would still have a perfectly clear idea of what was going on.
13) The only way to get rid of my fears is to make films about them.
12) When an actor comes to me and wants to discuss his character, I say, 'It's in the script.' If he says, 'But what's my motivation?, ' I say, 'Your salary.'
11) Television has done much for psychiatry by spreading information about it, as well as contributing to the need for it.
10) Television is like the American toaster, you push the button and the same thing pops up every time.
9) Give them (the audience) pleasure - the same pleasure they have when they wake up from a nightmare.
8) There is nothing to winning, really. That is, if you happen to be blessed with a keen eye, an agile mind, and no scruples whatsoever.
7) The more successful the villain, the more successful the picture.
6) In feature films the director is God; in documentary films God is the director.
5) Dialogue should simply be a sound among other sounds, just something that comes out of the mouths of people whose eyes tell the story in visual terms.
4) Disney has the best casting. If he doesn't like an actor he just tears him up.
3) There is no terror in the bang, only in the anticipation of it.
2) Drama is life with the dull bits cut out.
1) Self-plagiarism is style.
More by this Author
We’ve all experienced the call of the wild at one point in our life. While some of us answered that crazy call others logged on to cyberspace for their fix. There’s nothing more entertaining than watching...
Some of the best quotes from the best comedian of the silent era, Charlie Chaplin (aka "Little Tramp").
It’s easy to get swept away with the start-up wave with little idea about what’s in store. Having said that, going on your own is extremely important today and in many ways easier than it was earlier.