Website that will publish my life story as a TV Program
It seems that there are all types of website out there that pay you for your content and this one actually paid me to talk about my life story. However, they did it all through photos.
I met a representative of the Verizon Fios station, a nice young woman who I met a business networking event in Long Island, New York and she was promoting phototv.id (this is not my website, but I wish I had come up with this amazing concept). Great concept by Verizon.
The way it works is that they tape you talking about your life through the use of still photos. I had to visit them at their office, for which the woman was extremely flexible (they would come to your office and work around your schedule) and ask you questions about your life and then record your answers.
The challenging part is going through all of your baby and childhood photos and picture albums and arranging them in a certain order as you tell the events of your life in chronological order. Let me say that you only get three minutes at the most and some people have two minute life stores.
When they are recording me, they have professional digital camera and audio equipment and I felt like I was producing a television show. The microphone must have been at least three hundred dollars and the camera must have cost something like three thousand dollars, just a wild guess).
Now, when you get to the website, they have tabs laid out from Most Popular, Most Recent, The women, the men, and then an about us page. To listen to someone's life story, all you need to do is click on their head shot.
My bio, uh, life story will be published around July 20, so I think this is a cool concept and I believe there are similar websites who may do the same, although I can not find them at this time.
What would make this web site even more awesome:
- Social media Icons for sharing: Yup, the Photo ID web site does not have social media shatring tools. It would be cool to tweet about someone's profile or share on Facebook.
- An RSS feed to allow me to stay updated on the newest life stories. Since I met the woman, Angel, at a business networking meeting, a lot of my friends are there. It would be cool if I could subscribe to the photos with a RSS feed that I can read on my iPhone or mobile device. I use Google Reader, so this would be great.
- Each life story should have its own page. This way, the web site can get and obtain better Google, Bing, and Yahoo rankings.
- Maybe a login and member registration community, so I can log in and save my favorite life stories to "My Favorites".
- A mailing list subscription program for those people who are not into using RSS Feeds. They would receive updates by email.
Like I said, my life story is scheduled to come out around July 20.
More by this Author
Heredity is one of those concepts in life that you have to deal with whether you like it or not. If something runs in your family, you stand a good chance of getting that disease some time in your life. Unfortunately,...
Normal women are all over cartoons from the time that I was a kid and they all make an impact. I realize that I have not including everyone, but these are the famous women who have stuck with me over the years: Betty...
Drupal is the most difficult to use out of all the content management systems, but a lot of major corporations are using it. It also has the longest learning curve for both web designers and web developers. Drupal's...