What Lies behind a Smile?
"The Smile Supremacy" - Matt Damon
What’s really behind a Smile?
They say: “You are not fully dressed until you wear a smile.” I smile most of the time, people know that about me. What they don’t know is my smile covers a lot and I have different types of smiles.
- Like everyone, I smile when meeting people for the first time. If I’m teaching a new class I smile to hide my nerves up to break-time.
- I smile when I play with my friends kids and give an encouraging smile when they draw me with a big head and legs like twigs.
- I smile politely and nod my head even when I haven’t got a clue what the conversation is about, but at least they know I gave a listening ear, "without a shadow of doubt.”
- If my eyes look straight into the eyes of a stranger, I give a quick smile and slowly look away. If I eat out and dislike the food, I give an appreciative smile when asked if the food is okay.
- I smile while talking on the phone, it can be heard in my voice. I smile professionally when someone aggravates me at work but would gladly tell them off, given the choice.
Bayon Face, Cambodia
- As a Teen, my biggest smile was for Dad (still is) as I told him I loved him - "the best dad in the world Indeed", he’d respond with a funny, fake smile and ask me: “So, how much do you need?"
- I smile with Embarrassment each time I’m given a gift. I also smile when I read comments on Hubs, they are nice to read and uplift.
What have I learnt?
- A smile can turn a "No" into a "Yes".
- Makes people feel at ease with you.
- If you smile at someone, they will smile back at you – unless they are weird and they think you are weird too, for smiling at them in the first place. Ha!
Thanks zzron on Hubpages - for sharing the song below, in comments.
"Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day."
Get Traffic and earnings for posting Hub links or photo's at Redgage. Join me: Redgage.
- Silly Quotes To Make You Smile =D
Everyone needs a pick-me-up now and again. Today, I thought that for my 100th hub, I would give all of you a pick-me-up by finding some silly things people have said. We all know people have said stupid...
More by this Author
A look at Pro Ana Websites that encourage Anorexia as a healthy lifestyle and endanger the lives of youngsters. September 2009.
Modelling is glamorous and comes with very high earnings but if caution is not exercised, the price may not be worth paying.
Things I have personally noticed about people who laugh a lot. Thought provoking. Laughter is Good.