What are Johnny Depp's best and worst movies?
The best first
Johnny Depp is a living legend on the big screen, to say the least. Getting his first "star alert" on T.V., he soon became and remained the most talked about star in Hollywood. He surpassed many as America's favorite leading man. I can't wait to see him as Tonto in the Lone Ranger, and Barnabas in Dark Shadows.
Some movies were carried by him, in others he played a memorable role though not the lead. Johnny will be remembered for his unique portrayls of unusual characters.
His 10 best-
10. Public Enemies- This was the story of John Dillinger. Well written and was a great story.
9. Fear and Loathing...- A cult classic that was loved by Generation X.
8. Edward Scissorhands- An oldie but a goody. He played several odd characters and this was probably the oddest.
7. Neverland- A heart warming drama from a land not so far away
6. Platoon- He didn't have a giant role in this one, but rather a memorable one. As private Learner, a soldier who spoke Viet Namese, he stood by Charlie Sheen and Wiliam Defoe.
5. Sweeney Todd- What can be said about this modern day classic? It was intense and he was convincing as the lead role.
4. Arizona Dreams- This was an "Inde" that got overlooked. With Vince Gallo, Lillie Taylor, Jerry Lewis and Faye Dunaway, I have no idea how this got over looked! It was a funny and unbelievable drama, that everyone should see.
3. Donnie Brosco- A great cast and a well written story. He was much better with Pacino than I expected. If you think this is too high...Forgetaboutit!
2. Ed Wood- This was a masterpiece because of the acting, character depiction, and the whole story developement. Ed Wood's life could not have been this interesting and compelling. This movie was put together perfectly!
1. Pirates of the Carribian- It was tough to name any single film as number 1. Again, this was a masterpiece with a great story that came from a Disney Ride. He was awesome as Jack Sparrow, and played so well off of Olando Bloom and the rest of the cast.
Let's face it, all actors and actresses do bad films. He was no different.
5. Blow- Not terrible, but Ray Liota and Penelope Cruz were unlikeable and the story was layed out in a boring manner.
4. Alice in Wonderland- A great cast and some good parts, but this was a remake! It should have been better.
3. Cry Baby- This one was a mistake!
2. The Brave- I liked the premise but it never got off the ground.
The worst one is ...
1. Chocalat- This was a joke that could have been decent. Like Priest, it had a good enough premise but then decided to bash religion and abondon the idea of producing a good movie. This tastes like garbage! Worth missing.
Other hubs about JD
- The best supernatural and crazy murderers from the movies.
13 of the most evil beings ever! But hey, we love them anyway!
- Great Movies that NEVER got the hype- Jonny Depp's Arizona Dream
This was a great movie with a huge cast. Grab some popcorn, and don't miss it!
More by this Author
Have you ever thought that you have heard all of the classic rock there was to hear? Here is one that you may not have. Monster is unique and powerful! Here it is.
Here is my list. It will be different than any other. I am not influenced by anyone or anything, other than my love of writing.