What are the top kid movies for children under five years old?
The Best Full Length Movies For Kids Under Five Years Old
Disney movies are your best bet for movies for kids under five years old, although there are many movies done by other people that are great for kids under five years old. Here's the top 10 from my own experience of having three children; two boys and a girl.
1. The Little Mermaid - classic story put to music. Lovable sea creatures for friends of Ariel.
2. Finding Nemo (great for boys and girls) - The movie appeals to every age so parents won't get tired of watching it as quickly as some others. Little fish is subject to over-protective father and ends up getting fishnapped. Both endure a series of adventures in order to be reunited.
3. Cars - Not just for little boys, my daughter also loved this movie with it's great music and exciting action. Also teaches a little about the history behind Route 66.
4. Lilo and Stitch - Aliens, Islands, and two sisters mourning the loss of their parents while adjusting to a different sort of family. Great music and animation as well as characters that can be related to .
5. Robin Hood - The classic story set to a forest theme with bears, foxes and tigers (Oh My!) One of the older movies recommended here but still very sweet with fun singable songs.
6. Aladdin - Any animated movie with Robin Williams has to be funny. This movie is Disney's take on the Aladdin and the Lamp story. Great characters, excellent music and a valuable story line about being yourself and how the value of a person is not determined by the amount of money in their pocket.
7. Monster's Inc. - A Valuable movie for showing children that monsters aren't anything to be afraid of. Also very funny and speaks of the value of friendship and bravery.
8. Happy Feet - Another great be-yourself movie for kids under five. Also incorporates good music. A little bit lovey-dovey but my daughter was so entranced by the peguins that she actually sat through the whole movie. It is a really cute film with funny and endearing characters. Robin Williams does a couple of the voices for this movie too.
9. Flushed Away - Funny in a way kids under five years old will appreciate. A bit different from the other movies mentioned in the plot and character development but worth checking out if you have young children (or older children too)
10. The Rescuers - Girls and Boys alike enjoy this movie. A good plot and great characters give the child a sense of being along on the adventure.