Why does it happen to me?
I Know there are people going through lots of things in life and they ask “why me?” but this is just a light-hearted article.
- Why is it that when I am running late for work and I am driving, all the Traffic Lights turn red when I’m approaching but on a Saturday, when I have all the time in the world to get to my destination, all the lights happily stay green?
- Why is it that when I sit down infront of the TV to have a lovely, delicious meal, with a nice glass of wine that they show an advert of a product that cleans toilets with images of the toilet etc or someone having an operation. (Honest, it happens to me a lot – I should just sit at the Dining table)
- Lots of people can relate to this. You wait for one bus for about 20 minutes and when it eventually arrives, about 3 of them (same number) arrive at the same time.
- Why is it that when I have no money and go Window Shopping, I see so many suitable things I could buy, but when I have a lot of cash on me I can’t even find one dress or anything that suits my taste.
- I’m a Lecturer and stick to the lesson times, but the one day out of the whoooole academic year that I allow my students to leave class about 25 minutes early, My manager comes down to pass on an important message to me. He looks at the empty chairs and I know what he’s thinking. I look at him and smile politely but inside me I'm thinking "Oh Sugar"! Why me?
- Why is it that when I meet a gorgeous, handsome well-mannered, gentle man, with a voice that could melt hearts and I think to myself “Ding Dong, finally, I’ve met the one”! I later find out that he is Gay.
- I have a special Fried Rice Dish which I know how to cook very well. Absolutely delicious and I’ve cooked it so many times. However, when I have visitors round and cook this same dish I either burn it or there’s too much salt/pepper. Very embarrassing.!
Have you noticed these “Why’s”?
- Why is that if you are sitting with friends having drinks, if one person picks up their drink – automatically everyone else does?
- Why is it that if you drink Coca-cola from a coffee mug, it doesn’t taste the same?
- If you think of someone you haven’t seen or heard from for months, they suddenly call you. (wish that worked with numbers on my lottery tickets – think of the numbers and they’ll come out)
- Why is it that if you talk about someone nicely and say how wonderful they have been – in the next few days that person would do something to offend you. Alternatively, if you say something works perfectly all the time, e.g a washing machine in your house. As soon as you say it, within a week, it would break down?
- Finally, let me leave you with a simple challenge. Try writing the number 6 on a piece of paper – while you are writing it, keep on moving your right foot in a cirle - clockwise. You will notice you can’t do it. Why? (However, You can write 6 with your right foot moving in a circle anti-clockwise).
Give it a try, its fun but very baffling!
More by this Author
How to behave when you meet that special, favourite Celebrity.
Modelling is glamorous and comes with very high earnings but if caution is not exercised, the price may not be worth paying.
Things I have personally noticed about people who laugh a lot. Thought provoking. Laughter is Good.