The Yamaha F310 Acoustic Guitar
The Yamaha F310 is among Yamaha's bestselling acoustic guitars. It offers great quality at an extremely reasonable price, making it an excellent choice for those who are new to the guitar. Unlike a lot beginner instruments however, many people like the F310 so much that they’re in no hurry to upgrade once they gain some experience.
Let's take a look at the Yamaha F310 acoustic in more detail.
Features of the Yamaha F 310 Acoustic Guitar
- The Yamaha F 310 has a large dreadnought-style body, which gives it a loud resonant tone. This makes it a great choice of singer songwriters and others who want their guitar to be heard.
- It is also made from good quality woods, including a spruce top, Indonesian mahogany back and sides, and a Javanese rosewood fretboard. The top has a pleasant natural finish, and the overall styling of the guitar is classic and understated.
- The F310 has 20 frets, and the fingerboard is slightly narrower than average, which will make it especially easy to play for those with smaller hands.
- The hardware is made from chrome.
- The pick guard is made from hard wearing black PVC.
Overall, this is a very versatile and good quality acoustic guitar, which is suited to playing rock, pop, folk and other musical styles. It has gained overwhelmingly positive reviews from users all over the net, who have been impressed by its great tone, playability, durable build and superb value price.
Where To Buy The Yamaha F310 Acoustic Guitar
If you live in the UK, you’ll find that the Yamaha F310 is widely available (in fact, it is the bestselling Yamaha acoustic guitar in the UK). You can find it on Amazon's UK site as a complete package aimed at beginner guitarists - the Yamaha F310 acoustic guitar pack contains a strap, a Yamaha digital tuner, spare strings and the Yamaha ‘Instant Guitar’ instructional DVD, which will get you playing right away.
According to Yamaha's website, production of the F310 has been discontinued in the US, but fortunately it’s still available from sites such as Amazon (see links above). There are normally a few going on eBay too, often at bargain prices.
More Acoustic Guitar Articles
- Buying An Acoustic Guitar Strap
So you want to get a strap for your acoustic guitar, but with such a huge range to choose from, how do you know which is the best guitar strap for you? Here are some things to consider when buying a guitar...
- The Big Acoustic Guitar Chord Songbook Series
If you're looking for acoustic guitar songs to play, then you can save a lot of time by getting one of the many guitar songbooks that are available. These typically contain lots of very popular songs that...
- The Songwriter Deluxe Gibson 12 String Guitar
The Songwriter Deluxe is a 12 string acoustic-electric guitar from Gibson. It is part of the company's Modern Classic line, which consists of handcrafted premium instruments that are aimed at the...
- The Fender CD-60 Dreadnought Acoustic Guitar
If you're looking for an acoustic guitar but don't want to spend a huge amount of money, theres a wide choice available. Unfortunately a lot of cheaper acoustic guitars tend to be poorly made and...
- The Martin D-35 Guitar
The Martin D-35 is a very popular acoustic guitar from C.F. Martin & Company. It has a dreadnought-sized body and is renowned for its excellent bass tone. The Martin company was established in 1833 in the...
More by this Author
If you’re looking for an acoustic guitar but don’t want to spend a huge amount of money, there’s a wide choice available. Unfortunately a lot of cheaper acoustic guitars tend to be poorly made and...
If you have a ukulele, then strictly speaking, you don’t need anything else in order to play it. As far as instruments, go, it’s pretty self-contained. However, there are still a variety of ukulele...
Although most guitarists use plastic guitar picks, they do come in a variety of other materials, and of these it’s probably metal guitar picks that are the most popular. Let's take a look at why many guitarists...