alphagirl profile image 79

Why are concert tickets for teens so high? Parents can't spend hundreds.

My 12 year old wants to see the group,"One direction." The tickets I found were about two hundred dollars. That is not even front row. I can't see going to a conccert if you can't see the performers. The prices of tickets areequal to a weeks groceries. What do you think as a parent of teen daughters? are there tricks to buying concert tickets? I was shocked about the handling fees. They tack on 3.00 per ticket plus fedx you tickets at an additonal charge of $20.00.

• alphagirl profile image

alphagirl 4 years ago

Wow, no wonder. It is sticker shock for a parent of two teen girls. I can't forkover 2 weeks of groceries to allow my girls to a concert.Country music performances in our local area command 65.00 and that is for Chesney. Thanks for answering.

aparkhurst7 profile image83

aparkhurst7 says

nightwork4 profile image60

nightwork4 says

• alphagirl profile image

alphagirl 4 years ago

it is robbery when they do this to girls and their parents who work so hard. Thanks for telling me...I just started the concert circuit with them and went sticker shock.

mjrichardson says

• alphagirl profile image

alphagirl 4 years ago

I was a day late when the concert was announced for tickets to go on sale. My daughter told me her friends parents sat by their computers to log-in to buy. I can't do that at work. Your idea of printing them from home is great.Thanks!!

ackman1465 profile image59

ackman1465 says

• alphagirl profile image

alphagirl 4 years ago

Actually I canafford, but can't justify the cost. At age 12, what will she look forward to at 16. I took the girls to a Katie Perry concert last summer. Her tickets were not so steep. They had a ball. My 12 year old will start baby sitting soon.

Larry Wall says

• alphagirl profile image

alphagirl 4 years ago

Gee, I guess they just pass it on to consumers. But when it gets too expensive, they have less fans who can go. I think they price themselves out. There is joy in the debt of a concert ticket of athlete's game. Thanks.