stanwshura profile image 66

When a song REALLY hits you, do you prefer *the* studio take, or hearing it live?

Hey, I love live music, and as a musician myself (not gigging or recording, though), I HAVE to support the live (living!) show or concert. BUT...when a song is one of your absolute faves (VH's Jump from 1984, Norman Greenbaum's Spirit in the Sky, Judy Collins' recording of Joni Mitchell's Both Sides Now, Miles Davis' Milestones or So What, Brubeck's (classic!!!) original release of Blue Rondo a la Turk, and The Black Crowes' studio perfection of Jealous Again just HAVE to be the original for my spine to tingle. Anyone out there similarly sensitive, or am I just anal? ;)

TheHeavyReview profile image86

Best Answer TheHeavyReview says

• stanwshura profile image

stanwshura 4 years ago

Thank you. Both you and El.D. seem to get my question. It's the aesthetic of that *perfect* (to YOUR ears/spine) version to which any other performance would pale.

Lol to your polished peeve! Can you imagine B.B. King's singing "digitized"? YUCK!

cat on a soapbox profile image81

Catherine Tally (cat on a soapbox) says

Electro-Denizen profile image88

Electro-Denizen says

• stanwshura profile image

stanwshura 4 years ago

Ahhhh....alas a fault of my question. Sometimes live performances ARE released in a future recording! I agree, there. The Cranberries did a KICKASS performance of Dreams at a show in Paris that I like better than the slightly timid studio take.