Charlu profile image 83

Have reality show knock off contests pushed the limits to far, causing possible deadly consequences?

A man died Friday night after eating several dozen live roaches, along with several worms at a contest at a Deerfield Beach Fl Reptile Store. The grand prize was a python (which was reported by the Orlando Sentinel and other media sources). Are some companies trying to boost sales and not using the proper safety measures, or does it basically come down to "enter at your own risk" or "eating roaches may be hazardous to your health?"

recappers delight profile image86

recappers delight says

• Charlu profile image

Charlu 4 years ago

I was thinking Fear Factor since they always had contests where you had to eat everything from roaches, scorpions, pig intestines, etc. The whole thing is just crazy and what about the long term effects of being on Survivor? Is it really worth?

howlermunkey profile image92

Jeff Boettner (howlermunkey) says

• Charlu profile image

Charlu 4 years ago

Wow "The Mars One Project" that already sounds like a disaster waiting to happen, but I just know that depending on the money and publicity people will be jumping at the opportunity. This got to me because it was close to home and others have done it

lupine profile image82

lupine says