HoneyBB profile image 86

Is it okay for me to use a picture of a celebrity and mention their name in my hub?

I have a picture of the statue of Marilyn Monroe that I took and I wanted to use it in my hub but I'm not sure if it's legal to.

Best Answer junkseller says

• HoneyBB profile image

Honey Halley (HoneyBB) 4 years ago

Wow, awesome advice! And, is that the actual artist I should attribute my statue photo to? Thanks for all the info. Greatly appreciated.

• HoneyBB profile image

Honey Halley (HoneyBB) 4 years ago

Thanks for expanding on that. I don't know why it didn't occur to me that celebs were fair game. Now that you put it that way, I think about the papparazzi and think to myself, "DUH?"

Uninvited Writer profile image83

Susan Keeping (Uninvited Writer) says

• HoneyBB profile image

Honey Halley (HoneyBB) 4 years ago

Thanks so much, in this case it was my own photo. I still haven't messed around with the photo sites. I appreciate your advice and will make sure they're free when I use them.

The Invincible profile image61

Hitesh Bubbar (The Invincible) says

• HoneyBB profile image

Honey Halley (HoneyBB) 4 years ago

Thanks! I'm overloaded with trying to learn everything and trying to find everything I need to learn while also trying to write a hub so I took the easy way out and asked. Thanks so much for your help.