Alecia Murphy profile image 88

Do you think comedies on TV should get rid of the laugh track?

Do you think television comedies should abandon the laugh track or is it a necessary tool to guide audiences through an episode?

Glimmer Twin Fan profile image96

Glimmer Twin Fan says

• Alecia Murphy profile image

Alecia Murphy 3 years ago

That's interesting you bring up live audiences because I remember older shows used to say at the end they were filmed in front of a live audience which is why you'd hear laughs and other responses.

But your daughter's right- Brady Bunch isn't funny.

thebiologyofleah profile image92

thebiologyofleah says

• Alecia Murphy profile image

Alecia Murphy 3 years ago

I didn't know Big Bang had a live audience but usually when I hear laughter on that show it's funny. However, you're right some shows simply have it just to make us try and laugh with the audience.

Sunshine625 profile image82

Linda Bilyeu (Sunshine625) says

• Alecia Murphy profile image

Alecia Murphy 3 years ago

Yeah I agree. Some parts where the track comes in, I don't laugh. Not everyone thinks the designated funny part of a show is as funny as the writers and actors do. Besides, it gets distracting after a while.

teaches12345 profile image90

Dianna Mendez (teaches12345) says

• Alecia Murphy profile image

Alecia Murphy 3 years ago

Thanks for teaches12345! I think it is annoying sometimes especially if the show's not that funny. But newer shows don't use it as much which is good so hopefully it's losing steam.