lilmissmontana profile image 88

What do you think about the nurse that didn't give CPR?

Watching the news today, I heard the story about the nurse at the private institute that was instructed NOT to give CPR to the patient even when the 911 operator was begging her to. The patient died. Would you risk your job to save that person's life?

• lilmissmontana profile image

Erin Nichols (lilmissmontana) 3 years ago

I agree. I don't think I could have just let someone die, knowing I could have had a chance to save their life. I'm not sending anyone I know and love to a facility of that sort.

innerspin profile image87

innerspin says

• lilmissmontana profile image

I suppose that is one way of looking at it. I guess for me, I wouldn't want someone to just let my relative die without trying. But, like you said, it may be nature's course. I'm just selfish with the people I love.

sasanqua profile image89

Sophie (sasanqua) says

• lilmissmontana profile image

My question exactly? I saw on the news that it said the people and families know of the restrictions prior to residency. But why would you do that to someone you love?

Alberic O profile image80

Alberic O says

• lilmissmontana profile image

I understand and am aware of what a DNR is, however it was not specified that she had one. In the case that she DID NOT, which is how I understood it, I would have acted. That was the question at hand.