bethperry profile image 88

What will it take before networks stop turning lowlifes into reality show stars?

TLC's show, "Here Comes Honey Boo Boo" is off the air. The show had centered around young Alana "Honey Boo Boo" Thompson and her "white trash" family, including mother (June Shannon), who had once been jailed for unpaid child support, and a convicted felon father. Now the show has been canceled, after photos have come to light indicating June Shannon has been dating a convicted child molester - the same man another daughter says molested her years ago. I can't bear television that creates celebrities out of lowlifes and wonder WHAT will it take for networks to STOP making these awful shows?

• bethperry profile image

bethperry 2 years ago

Kevin, I tend to think TV exec's scour the land looking for these kind of people. As if they want the worst in humanity to put on shows. I hope I'm wrong, though.

Alastar Packer profile image83

Alastar Packer says

• bethperry profile image

bethperry 2 years ago

Alastar, I resent the stereotypical portrayal of Southerners as dumb, white trash. And I hope the little girl and her siblings get a chance to overcome the obstacles that have been put before them. No, I've not seen Hillbilly Blood. What's it about?

sassypiehole profile image81

Lisa René LeClair (sassypiehole) says

• bethperry profile image

bethperry 2 years ago

Good going, sassypiehole, you made the right decision!

• bethperry profile image

bethperry 2 years ago

fpherj48, I once felt it was a matter of TV giving audiences what they "want", but with so many like you & me who refuse to watch this kind of garbage, it makes me truly wonder about the motives TV exec's have! You're right about the "adults", to

thomasczech profile image49

thomasczech says

• bethperry profile image

bethperry 2 years ago

thomasczech, I think a lot of folks feel that way. And the worst part I think is that TV seem to want to limit the variety of what we watch. As if maybe they want to dumb down audiences.

0

Lybrah says