Billie Kelpin profile image 91

What is the process of making a short story into a screenplay?

Should a short story writer even ATTEMPT to try this? Would a person need to take a boatload of screenwriting classes? Would it be better to try to get the short story into the hands of an experienced screenwriter? I was almost there - a small independent director had me work with an independent film writer and an author for a short story I wrote.We were doing it over the phone and somehow everyone let go of the project. I wonder if I could tackle or even should TRY to tackle a screenplay myself since this was dropped. What steps would a writer take to get a short story made into a script?

chef-de-jour profile image94

Andrew Spacey (chef-de-jour) says

• Billie Kelpin profile image

Billie Kelpin 21 months ago

Thanks C, I think you're right about the group thing. I should just jump in and try one scene. I can't make myself do THAT! Thanks for the suggestions. I need some discipline to just do this thing :) Thanks again!