Effects of Television - (Part 2)

Effects of Television Continues...


Effects of Television (The Truth is..)

Over 3,000 research projects and scientific studies between 1960 and 1992, 86% have concluded that there is a relationship between entertainment and behavior.


So Who's Influencing Who?

By the time the average American is 65 years old, he will have spent the equivalent of 108 months watching.

In contrast, he will have spent only 19 months in church - if he attended three services every week (total, 5 hours) for his entire life and never messed even once.

The number of hours the average child will spend watching TV by the time he is 18 - 26, 208 hours.

The number of hours the average child spends in a classroom by age 18 - 11,000 hours.

The number of hours a parent will spend in meaningful conversation with his child by the time the child is 18 - 600 hours.

TV-Free America, A.C. Nielsen Co.


Effects of TV
Effects of TV

1 in 4 Adults Will Not Give Up TV Not Even For $1 million


RADNOR, Pa.(AP) - According to  a poll, one in four adult Americans would not give up television for $1 million,

The survey commissioned by TV Guide Magazine found 23% would give up all television watching permanent for $25,000, but 46% would have to be paid at least $1 million and 25% would not do it even then.

As for how much TV is watched 17% said they watch less than seven hours weekly, 29% watched seven  to 14 hours and 22% watched 15 to 21 hours. However, the magazine noted people tend to under-report their viewing. The survey also found more viewers are offended by too much violence (37%) than too much sex (27%)..

This information was based on a national telephone poll of 1,007 adults by Peter D. Hart Research Associates Inc. of Washington.

Toronto Sun


The Expansion of TV Nowadays!


Only 8,00 homes had television in 1946. Today, more than 886 million households all over the world own a TV - half the world's population.

By the early 1950's, 90 percent of all television sets in the world were in the United States, and most of he remaining 10 percent were in Britain.

According to an article written by David Roodman in World Watch magazine, between 1975 and 1995, the number of homes with a TV grew by 360 percent in Latin America and 950 percent in Asia. Roodman predicts that eventually the number of television sets worldwide will exceed two billion.

Rodman also stated with the possible exception of the "telephone and automobile," no other technology  has so revolutionized how people live and how they see the world.

Now today over 66% of United States homes have three or more TV sets, and the average number of TV hours watched per day in U.S. homes: 6 hours, 47 minutes which equals to be 250 billion hours of TV watched annually by Americans.

In 2009 studies showed that there are 114.5 million TV in American homes alone.


More Facts on The Effects of Television


The F.B.I says that TV is one of four ) comic books, picture shows, and radios) greatest influences for evil that we have.

The criminal lawyers say that TV is the greatest crime breeder that we have in America today.

The educators say that TV is the greatest hindrance to education of all the evils that we have.

Optometrists say that TV is one of the hardest things on the eyes that we have today.


More by this Author


Comments 4 comments

Tamarajo profile image

Tamarajo 5 years ago from Southern Minnesota

sobering statistics, I have become quite selective in my program choices. no sex, no violence, and must be educating, inspirational, or encouraging.


Sharon Douglas profile image

Sharon Douglas 5 years ago from GA, United States Author

Yes Me to, I totally agree with you there. I am very selective in my program choices as well.

Thank you Tamarajo


youmeget profile image

youmeget 4 years ago

I don't really like watching TV. I love the internet instead....so addictive.

Anyways, lovely hub and great stats.

Youmeget


Sharon Douglas profile image

Sharon Douglas 4 years ago from GA, United States Author

I am not a TV person either, a matter of fact I don't even own one. I also love the internet ;)

Thanks for commenting on my hub, have a good week.

Be Bless

Sharon

    Sign in or sign up and post using a HubPages Network account.

    0 of 8192 characters used
    Post Comment

    No HTML is allowed in comments, but URLs will be hyperlinked. Comments are not for promoting your articles or other sites.


    Click to Rate This Article
    working