Cooper's Closet

1. lgbrown profile image59
    lgbrownposted 4 years ago

So I just heard that yesterday, Anderson Cooper (of CNN) announced that he is gay. First of all, I know. This is of no surprise. And second of all, who cares? Why is it that people think we need to know everything about everything. I am not sure of the context or why he decided to use his show as a forum to divulge his sexual preference but if it didn't have anything to do with what the topic of his show was then why do we need to know? I just want to hear the news. I don't want to know, who is gay, who has cancer, who has had weight loss surgery or who broke a fingernail. Don't get me wrong, I like Anderson Cooper's show but if I want to know personal information about him I would read his biography. So Anderson wants to divulge private information about himself I suggest he get a book deal.

2. Uninvited Writer profile image83
    Uninvited Writerposted 4 years ago

So...if you don't care why did you start a thread on it?

He did not use his show to divulge his sexuality...he did not announce it on Anderson... he wrote to a friend and said he could release it.

3. lgbrown profile image59
    lgbrownposted 4 years ago

Thank you for the information. As I said, I was not sure of in what context he revealed the information. I just kept hearing on the radio and didn't understand why it made such news. Again, thanks for sharing.