jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

The Media and Murder

1. brimancandy profile image83
    brimancandyposted 4 years ago

I am sick and tired of the Media, and how it treats the nutcases in this country, that think it is their job to go around killing people for no other reason than to get their sorry asses on television.

The most recent of course is the theater shooter in Colorado. Why is it so Important for the media to tell us the shooters name, show his face, and tell us everything about him. I personally do not care. If he is guilty of the crime throw his ass in jail and let him rot. I don't need to know who he is.

Gang members kill people every day, and you don't see their faces plastered all over the media. I think it is time for the media to drop these attention hogs like a rock. The only thing this does is get the crazy folks excited, and bring out some other nutcase who will try to copy the crime. Notice that a majority of the nutcases paraded on the screen are white? Like it's so uncommon for a white man or woman to kill someone. You can bet if it were a gang member, nothing would be said about him.

More than likely every high priced lawyer is going to jump on this for the media attention. And, some A-hole publishing company of network will want to get his story. Well? What about the victims? They are always over looked in the media's rush to grasp whatever they can to increase their ratings. I think we should have an occupy the media movement, and shut these f#%K@&Rs up!

2. AEvans profile image74
    AEvansposted 4 years ago

It is so sad. Honestly I am tired of the hoopla too. You are right I would like to hear more about how the victims are doing, than about the shooter. I honestly don't want to see a movie about it either. I am praying for all of the victims and their families, how tragic! You can't even go to a movie anymore without a psycho in the audience.

3. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image94
    Marcy Goodfleischposted 4 years ago

I also want to know more about those who were victims, but I do understand the need to figure out what makes someone do these things. The craziest part of news coverage (to me) was the many hours of 'news' early this morning about the Batman movies, Warner Bros., and the various stars or others involved in the movies. I learned of the tragedy when I woke up and it took what seemed like forever to finally hear news related to the incident rather than 'news' about Hollywood.

1. brimancandy profile image83
      brimancandyposted 4 years ago in reply to this

That's another thing that made me want to post in the first place. Here are all these people gunned down in the theater, and they use it to talk about all the guns and weapons in the latest Batman film, where a psycho launches an attack in a packed football stadium. As if there is something to compare the deaths of real people over studio imagined mayhem.

This is another reason that I believe the media and violence go hand in hand. I've heard that to make some of the slasher flicks, these directors actually seek out serial killers, or, research investigations of real killers, to come up with the plots for their movies. And, they always say there is no connection to the big screen and violence. I say Bull crap!