jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

Christian Bale (aka Batman) went to visit the victims in Aurora!

1. a49eracct profile image61
    a49eracctposted 4 years ago

I was really hoping he would do this, and I am so thankful that he did! And what a joy to those who get to meet him! Check it out, http://todayentertainment.today.msnbc.m … -colo?lite
    Do you think he did the right thing by visiting them? There has been a bit of debate, that it may trigger "bad memories" or even anger.

1. 0
      AaronHubb89posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Absolutely not, why on earth should anyone be angered...first of, in spite of the fact that James Holmes called himself the Joker, he wasn't really affiliated in anyway, he was just a nutcase that would have said anything...for all we knew he could said he was Anakin at a Star Wars midnight premier or Sauron for the Hobbit....He wanted attention, but Christian Bale and Co. should not be criticized for being charitable. I think if anyone gets mad at this, they have a cob up their butt, and I don't think any of the victims would be angered. The pictures say it all...if it was my family who was killed or I was in the hospital bed, I would be grateful for the gesture. Christian Bale really did become Batman in my eyes. I'm glad I wasn't the only one who reported this, sometimes everyone is too focused on the negative.

2. SomewayOuttaHere profile image61
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 4 years ago

good for him for paying his respects

3. Mighty Mom profile image91
    Mighty Momposted 4 years ago

A classy thing to do.

4. AshtonFirefly profile image83
    AshtonFireflyposted 4 years ago

I read about this just a while ago. It really was a wonderful thing for him to do, In my opinion.

5. dustinweishaar profile image59
    dustinweishaarposted 4 years ago

Bale has always been one of my favorite actors but now my respect for him as a human is through the roof. He really is a hero and I think it is incredible that he made the gesture to come and pay his respects to the families and victims. Being from Colorado, actually born and raised here, this is a huge deal for me and from what I can tell other Coloradoans.

1. a49eracct profile image61
      a49eracctposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Same for my mom. She and my dad actually lived a few miles from the theatre (many years ago) so it's been quite a bit eerie for them seeing it on television..

1. 0
        AaronHubb89posted 4 years ago in reply to this

I, too lived there back during the Columbine incident...I was too young to understand at the time but as I grew up I actually kind of got freaked out...then there was this news of the fires and pictures from the mall...now this....Colorado is sounding like a rough place to live. I do thank Christian for coming out, he is a great man for showing his personal support.