jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

TV Programs Of The 1970s- All In The Family

1. gmwilliams profile image85
    gmwilliamsposted 4 years ago

I was looking at the episodes of ALL IN THE FAMILY on my computer.   That series was so funny with Archie Bunker, his wife Edith, daughter Gloria, and son-in-law, Michael Stivic.  Other characters in the series included Barney Hefner, Frank and Irene Lorenzo, and the famous Jeffersons,  George, his brother Henry, wife Louise, and son, Lionel.   I immensely enjoyed the series which was one of the ground breaking programs in television.   What were your favorite moments from ALL IN THE FAMILY?

1. Mighty Mom profile image91
      Mighty Momposted 4 years ago in reply to this

That was a classic, for sure. Great cast.
      Best line: "Oh, Arrrchie!" (Sort of pronounced "Ahchie") by Edith.

2. libby1970 profile image84
    libby1970posted 4 years ago

I thought I was the only one who loves these series! Archie Bunker was ground-breaking in early television history! He opened the door to other comedies.

Their choice of characters was amazing. All these characters were so good. Take away Edith and or Archie and you lose the entire atmosphere they've set up here!

I have watched all the episodes a dozen times and they never get old! These are some of the funniest moments in the history of television. Archie can make anybody laugh! And Edith... you just can't get enough once you get hooked by this family's funny antics.

3. Uninvited Writer profile image82
    Uninvited Writerposted 4 years ago

Who knew a whole group of people would now base their political beliefs on Archie Bunker smile

I used to love watching the show. I remember the episodes when Maude first showed up...those were classics. The show is rerun on a network here, I used to watch it every day for a while.