What You Should NEVER Watch Before Bedtime

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (15 posts)
  1. gmwilliams profile image85
    gmwilliamsposted 11 years ago

There are some movies and documentaries that I would never watch before bedtime less I get nightmares.   One documentary that I would not watch before bedtime is BBC Auschwitz, Inside The Nazi State because of its quite horrific content.    In fact, if I watch anything about concentration camps which include the Russian gulags, I do so from the early morning to late afternoon hours.  Name movies and/or documentaries that you personally refuse to watch before bedtime!

1. Greekgeek profile image77
      Greekgeekposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I discovered the hard way that I should probably avoid watching multiple astronomy and geology videos on asteroid impacts and volcanic eruptions right before bedtime.

No more than one hour of exciting explosions and lava flows after 9PM is my new rule. wink

gmwilliamsposted 11 years agoin reply to this

+1.

2. Lyn Diano profile image41
    Lyn Dianoposted 11 years ago

Definitely horror flicks and crime scene investigations! Urgh! mad

3. Anti-Valentine profile image74
    Anti-Valentineposted 11 years ago

Sometimes some of those ghost hunting or paranormal series on TV. But it has to be something really creepy. I can usually tolerate it and it doesn't spook me. But something about ghosts of soldiers, like Union or Confederate soldiers from the US Civil War and that sort of thing - that's another story.

4. nmdonders profile image71
    nmdondersposted 11 years ago

Pretty much anything depressing or scary isn't the best to watch before bed.  Although I love horrors and do it to myself all the time, it's probably not a good idea to watch just before bed.  Then every noise you hear (especially when there are pets in the house tongue) make you wonder.
    I suppose I usually don't get that scared but the Paranormal Activities movies freaked me out quite a bit.

5. AshtonFirefly profile image71
    AshtonFireflyposted 11 years ago

Hide and Seek. Never watch before bed. Never.

What is the premise of Hide and Seek, please?

1. AshtonFirefly profile image71
        AshtonFireflyposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Hide and Seek is a movie about a man and his daughter who move to the country after the man's wife supposedly commits suicide. While there, the man discovers that his daughter has made an invisible friend named "Charlie" who seems to have influenced his daughter to become reclusive and evil. Soon, the man discovers dead corpses of animals and humans in his home; his daughter claims that "Charlie" did it. To make a long story short, the man at the end of the movie discovers that "Charlie," is actually HIM. He developed a split personality following a trauma in which he discovered his wife was cheating on him and soon after went on a killing rampage. Creepy stuff.

Thank you so much for relaying this information!

6. Cyndi10 profile image84
    Cyndi10posted 11 years ago

I can go to sleep terrified, but I don't like going to sleep depressed. The feeling stays with me when I wake up in the morning. I don't watch or read anything that will make me depressed. i've gone to sleep after watching all sorts of horror movies with no problem.

+1.

7. Jonathan Janco profile image59
    Jonathan Jancoposted 11 years ago

The sun rising is something you should not watch before bed. Makes it hard to sleep.

As for a movie or doc I guess I would go with one of those end of the world movies like Knowing or Deep Impact.

8. Mighty Mom profile image79
    Mighty Momposted 11 years ago

Never watch the news right before going to bed.
    They always tell you for a happy marriage never go to bed angry.
    The news makes me livid.
    If I watch at 6pm I can usually calm myself down by bedtime.
    smile

9. profile image0
    Arlene V. Pomaposted 11 years ago

I am afraid of any TV show or movie with lots of blood.  Lots of violence.  I especially don't care for violence to women, children, and animals.  Also, what I ate for dinner can have a lot to do with the whole, horrible experience.  Junk food will only add to my misery.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)