jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

Stupid Olympics Commentator Comments

1. Mighty Mom profile image90
    Mighty Momposted 4 years ago

Day One and I'm already cringing at the inanity of some (not all) of the commentators.
    MM's vote for most ridiculous comment of the day:

US is first team up in men's gymnastics. The first American competitor is facing the Pommel horse, focusin his energy before mounting.

Commentator says: "The judges are just sitting there, LOOKING at him!!"

F'ing brilliant, that observation.
    LIke, what else would they be doing? Who else should they be looking at?

It's going to be hard to top this comment. But somehow, I'm fairly sure it WILL happen!

Please share your favorite stupid Olympics comments here!

1. Uninvited Writer profile image83
      Uninvited Writerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thankfully, they do it right in Canada smile The worst here yesterday was the woman commenting on the swimming getting so excited she got out of breath and could hardly talk.

2. prettydarkhorse profile image64
      prettydarkhorseposted 4 years ago in reply to this

A hurdler named Lola Jones twitted

USA Men's Archery lost the gold medal to Italy, but that's ok we are Americans... When's da gun shooting competition?

Many criticized her in view of the mass shooting in Aurora and after that she apologized saying

"sorry u guys only think of violence but I think of all the hunting I do w southerners in da south. Its impressive."

so there..

2. lmmartin profile image94
    lmmartinposted 4 years ago

My favorite: US vs Croatia in women's basketball; the commentator suggested the "US is being very unselfish with Croatia," suggesting they weren't playing as well as they could so as not to embarrass the competition.