jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

Do you like Christian Hip Hop?

1. KevinTimothy profile image87
    KevinTimothyposted 4 years ago

What are your thoughts on the genre?

1. MissJamieD profile image80
      MissJamieDposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Christianity is mixed in with nearly every genre of music today, sometimes we just don't pick up on it right away. I think if the message is Christian, it's a good thing regardless of the medium.

2. 0
    MundaneMondaysposted 4 years ago

It's cool, i mean Hip Hop is Hip Hop, calling it Christian Hip Hop to me is the same thing ...idk why they call it that

3. udontnomi profile image61
    udontnomiposted 4 years ago

I like Old School, brother. One Love! One way.

http://youtu.be/aS4E6nO6d1E  Limit X!

4. jacharless profile image82
    jacharlessposted 4 years ago

All music, I suppose, can be forced, err shoved, err compressed into any social group, be it religious, sexual, political -whatever. I have even heard Death Metal Hymns, straight out of Psalms and a Hasidic Jew sing Ska. To me, reggae is reggae. Well, better stated, good reggae is reggae --and then there are the social orders that mimic it.

5. timthechirpinbyrd profile image61
    timthechirpinbyrdposted 4 years ago

I like Christian Hip Hop.  It's positive and a great way to reach the youth.

-Tim The ChirpinByrd

6. securityproducts3 profile image61
    securityproducts3posted 4 years ago

It totally depends, many times a lot of the Christian hip-hop has good intentions but the lyrics are too artificial and repeated making for what comes across as simply awkward. This is seen not only in hip-hop, but throughout the entire Christian Genre. Don't get me wrong, I myself am a Christian, but the, "Glory Glory He has risen" lyrics get kinda old. One refreshing new Christian singer named Josh Garrels really mixes things up, and I highly recommend him. He is more of alternative than than hip-hop but he brings something new to the table that the Christian genre has been missing. I am not affiliated to him in any way, just trying to share something that I really think other people will appreciate if you give it a chance. smile

P.S. His lyrics are also amazing!

1. securityproducts3 profile image61
      securityproducts3posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Oh and some great Christian Hip-Hop artists include Trip Lee (The Invasion is my favorite song of his), Lecrae, and Flame!