jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Ben Affleck is the front runner to direct "Justice League" for WB

1. Stevennix2001 profile image82
    Stevennix2001posted 4 years ago

According to IFC, it seems like Ben Affleck is the front runner to direct WB's impending "Justice League" film; which could even involve Ben starring as one of the heroes himself.  No official word is announced whether he will direct the movie, but from reading the article, it wouldn't surprise me.  Here's a link to know more:

http://www.ifc.com/fix/2012/08/justice- … en-affleck

1. vmartinezwilson profile image87
      vmartinezwilsonposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I like the idea of Affleck directing the Justice League.  Acting?  Not so much.  He tends to be pretty flat and time, despite the article's statement, hasn't made it much better.  But, he could surprise me. I am interested in what he comes up with as a director even though his skills in that area haven't really been tried and tested to the degree this movie will entail.  In fact, not much at all.  He does have good insight on film and his record as a screenplay writer shows a good eye for detail and narrative flow.

This should be interesting.  They shouldn't even consider releasing the film anywhere near The Avengers 2.  That will be a juggernaut that won't be stopped and Affleck's skills, no matter how good he is, can't compare to what Joss Whedon will put up.

2. prettydarkhorse profile image64
    prettydarkhorseposted 4 years ago

He has been writing script and had experienced directing plus producing! smile

3. Omnivium profile image76
    Omniviumposted 4 years ago

He already played Daredevil, so he shouldn't be too bad at acting like a superhero.