ALF is coming to the big screen

1. Stevennix2001 profile image83
    Stevennix2001posted 4 years ago

In a recent turn of events, the producers that brought you the live action "Smurfs" movie has another TV adaptation coming our way starring the furry cat eating alien, from Melmac, simply known as Gordon Schumway aka ALF. 

No official word is out yet on who would star in this, or if Sony would even consider the possibility of keeping ALF in puppet form instead of going for the typical modern cgi approach.  However, I'm sure we'll find out.  Here's a link to know more:

1. vmartinezwilson profile image84
      vmartinezwilsonposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Honestly, this made me a little sad to read.  Alf?  Really.  Are we stretching ourselves that friggin thin?  I'm not sure it would survive as a TV series, let alone a full feature film.  I think they should have pulled out the robot little girl first, way before that. 

On another note, I did watch ALF as a kid.  I don't remember too much other than he ate cats and stood behind kitchen islands being an in general pain in the butt to the people who were hiding him. 

2. Shadesbreath profile image89
    Shadesbreathposted 4 years ago

I hope they can do it justice. In it's time it was really funny.

Alf was awesome. Loved that show in my twenties. In fact, we got an Alf hand puppet from some restaurant or something that was doing a promo for it, and we were so young and broke, we had to use the puppet as our Christmas tree star that year. We still have it and still use it on a tree every once in a while (usually only on a year where we're not having company or doing "the official family Christmas" etc.).