jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

"A Dolla Make Me Holla! ; low class brings high returns

1. Stacie L profile image88
    Stacie Lposted 4 years ago

"A Dolla Make Me Holla!": Just how much does Honey Boo Boo and her family (reality TV child star Alana Thompson and her family from TLC's "Here Comes Honey Boo Boo") make on their hit series? According to The Hollywood Reporter, not all that much compared to other reality TV stars. A source tells THR that the family of six reportedly pulls in between $2,000 and $4,000 an episode, plus a small "location fee," for their 10-epsiode first season. With over three million viewers for its August 29 episode, we're thinking the Thompson family might be pulling in more money if the show is picked up for another season. Reps for TLC declined to comment about the family's pay when contacted by THR.
    http://news.yahoo.com/roll-call-much-ho … 50815.html
    There seems to be an endless parade of low class reality programs lately usually about southern lifestyles.
    I wonder how true southerners feel about these stereotyped images. Anyway this Honey Boo Boo is bringing in the big bucks for her low class family antics. is it child abuse?

1. Shadesbreath profile image90
      Shadesbreathposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Morons have always been allowed to breed and keep their offspring.

1. 0
        Motown2Chitownposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Tell us how ya really feel, Shades.

2. nina64 profile image79
    nina64posted 4 years ago

I believe that some of these families are just hungry for money and attention. How can you allow a major television show come into your home and document your family's every move? I think are just going too far with these reality shows. It puts too much pressure on these children to live up to the expectations of an adult audience.