Entering a Contest. One where you are part of the show.

1. brimancandy profile image84
    brimancandyposted 4 years ago

We all know about shows like American Idol and X-factor, and all the talented people who try out for the big win. But, what we don't know is how many hundreds or thousands of other contests there are in the country and who is entering them. The kind that the only prize is the only satisfaction is the winners title and a smile.

The reason I asked, is because I recently entered a small contest, where I was one of only four who entered. It was pretty cool being on that stage in front of 300 or so people. But, I kind of got a case of nerves when the crowd grew to 500 and I had to sing. But, I kind of went into the contest knowing that I was going to lose, as one of the other contestants was a professional performer. (You can guess who won) But, it was such a fun experience I plan to enter again next year.

So the question is, have you ever entered a talent type contest? Or, have you thought about entering one? I am too old to enter American Idol or anything like that, but it sure gives me an understanding of what those people might have to go through, to get there.

Remember you are the star.