jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (7 posts)

Twitter

1. TexasLadyJuanita profile image77
    TexasLadyJuanitaposted 4 years ago

Is Twitter the concept that is age specific? I know that political people are twittering. I have not had any desire to twitter. I tried to get my phone to go there, but it had a problem that was bigger than my knowledge to solve. I did set up a twitter account on my laptop, but do not use it. Is twitter for the younger than 60 generations? OR am I the only person not twittering?

1. galleryofgrace profile image83
      galleryofgraceposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Just about everybody Twitters. The trick is to only follow authentic people that really have something to offer. I get more hits from twitter than FB.

TexasLadyJuanitaposted 4 years ago in reply to this

what age group are you in?

60+

All of your 60+ friends and family twitter?
            I think this is the first technology / communication source that I have felt was overwhelming.

Forgive my French but Twitter is for the more intelligent. I've seen nothing that indicates age groups -you have to judge by what they produce. Normally anyone just trying to get followers is not a producer of anything worth having or reading. Personally I don't have any "friends" and family couldn't care less what I'm doing they don't understand writing or art.

You gave me a lot to think about. I was mentally comparing it to kids texting all day long - even when they are in the same room. If you create a climate of like minded people who are tweeting tweets of common thread - like poetry - or crocheting - or cooking - that would be fun. I get Governor Perry's tweets in my email, and they aren't worth me replying. LOL

working