jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

How can I improve the quality of my Hubs?

1. Diane Woodson profile image61
    Diane Woodsonposted 4 years ago

How do I avoid Watermarks and I am still not clear on what they are, I see nothing but the picture or video I am adding while working with them?

1. CrisSp profile image84
      CrisSpposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Watermarks are used to identify ownership of ones' work as in photography more often digitally processed. Like in banknotes, it is intended for tracing authentication or in photos and other publications for copyright infringements. If you Google any images, you will see and notice some of the photos are marked with the owner's name or brand--as in istock photos. Watermark is used to protect abuse and avoid usage of certain materials without permission from the actual source. If you are using photos from outside sources, other than your own, make sure you select the ones without watermark and don't forget to credit your source. That way, you avoid troubles and getting notified by HP. I hope it helps.

2. Diane Woodson profile image61
    Diane Woodsonposted 4 years ago

Thank you this information will be reviewed by me each time I write anything...You were great to help.

1. teaches12345 profile image92
      teaches12345posted 3 years ago in reply to this

Diane, watermarks prevent you from using photos without authorization.  They also are just branding their work.  If you get then from (click on "free downloads") site  like photobucket or freedigitalphotos then you can see the photos without the watermarks when you insert them to your capsule.

1. Ky4KeithUrban profile image60
        Ky4KeithUrbanposted 3 years ago in reply to this

@teaches12345 You are right about useing photobucket. I use it to search for pics..