jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (18 posts)

When you go to the movies do you get butter on your popcorn?

1. moneyfairy profile image60
    moneyfairyposted 4 years ago

When you go to the movie theater do you get butter on your popcorn or just plain ? or Do you bring your own snacks in your purse? Some movie theaters check your bags now. There was a time when you used to be able to bring your own snacks instead of buying $5-$10 for popcorn and a drink. Just curious what you do ? Look forward to hearing from you.

moneyfairyposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I think movie theater popcorn is way to greasy. Also way over priced. I try and bring my own when I go.

2. lorddraven2000 profile image88
      lorddraven2000posted 4 years ago in reply to this

I am the guy with the jacket full of goodies. I just refuse to pay 3 bucks for candy that I can get for a buck across the street from the theater. I do buy popcorn and when I do it has to be covered in butter.

Smart shopper!!! although sometimes the theaters check your bagsor to see if you bought anything in, no all do that. But glad you have secret pockets to hide them in. Yeah you!!! Glad you enjoy your buttery popcorn.

1. SaritaJBonita profile image80
          SaritaJBonitaposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I found a great way to sneak snacks into my purse without getting caught...  I put the snacks towards the bottom and then a whole bunch of pads and tampons on top.  This, of course, usually only works if it's a male checking purses, but usually they blush with embarrassment and wave me right through.... Works every time!

And about the popcorn.. part of the way I lost weight was to treat myself to a "junk day," and I still allow myself to eat whatever I want to once a week.  If movie theater night falls on junk day, then yes to the popcorn and yes to the extra "butter replacement substance."  I'm usually done eating it by the time the previews are over....

Great idea!!! Thanks Sarita! and LOL about finishing the popcorn before the previews!!!

2. abari25 profile image59
    abari25posted 4 years ago

I tend to drench my popcorn with lots of butter.  I can't get enough of it!

Great!!! Whatever makes your movie experience , enjoy!!!! Thanks for sharing.

3. tussin profile image61
    tussinposted 4 years ago

There's surely enough popcorn on the floor that you can get your fill without spending a dime. If you're lucky, you might find a few M&Ms too.

4. MomsTreasureChest profile image75
    MomsTreasureChestposted 4 years ago

I do get butter on my popcorn at the movies...and extra butter most times.  For me, buttered popcorn is a must-have part of the movie theater movie experience!

Whatever makes you enjoy your movie experience smile Good for you!!!

5. paradigmsearch profile image88
    paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago

They still have movie theaters???

1. Getridame profile image60
      Getridameposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Sure, I think they have a video about them on YouTube.

2. moneyfairy profile image60

Yes !!! LOL Movie theaters will be around for a long time....get you away from your computers and sit back in big cushy seats and enjoy!!!

6. Stacie L profile image86
    Stacie Lposted 4 years ago

yes they do have movie theaters..

It's not butter that they pour on the popcorn...sorry. yikes
    besides I prefer the huge candy boxes...

Yeah!!! sugar over grease smile LOL I love chocolate Yum or Dots

7. psycheskinner profile image81
    psycheskinnerposted 4 years ago

I would if it was real butter instead of the substance which causes a condition actually known as "popcorn lung". Okay, you have to be involved in making it and breathe in huge amounts, but still.

Yes real butter is always better than fake smile

working